I don't know if i spelt dilemme right...but anyways.

So theres a guitar on ebay...and it's not by a major brand

heres the things im looking for in a guitar

- less then $450
- nice sounding wood for the body (mahogany?)
- Floyd rose (I've had enough with my strats trem)
- Humbuckers
- Quilted finish if possible...
- 22-24 frets
- rosewood or ebony fingerboard.

well that being said..

theres the guitar...(sorry for large image)

heres the page http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1299-FLOYD-ROSE-BRIDGE-MAHOGANY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-CS_W0QQitemZ120289063308QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pretty good eh? I might bid on that tonight? Opinions?

i also thought about getting something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-S470FM-Guitar-Body-Mostly-Loaded-With-Floyd-Rose_W0QQitemZ170245614865QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
that has most of the stuff i want...
then...I get a neck like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-S470-WIZARD-II-NECK-W-COSMO-HARDWARE-AWESOME_W0QQitemZ140253536706QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41423QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and maybe switch out the pickups....Wala!

My parents arn't to keen about buying a guitar before buying it...but i could return any of this stuff should I need to for like $20.

Anybody done something like this before? Warmoth is too overpriced...these guys selling this stuff have sold mannny other items with people only complaining about shipping...

The only thing i have to worry about with these is the pickups/necks. I am not used to a wizard II style neck but I feel like I could.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Well its sure not worth the $1299 its listed at not even $400.. It has no name humbuckers, licensed Floyd, pink mahogany (lol), no name tuners and on and on.. Pass it up dude.. It might look pretty but it is a cheapo...
My parents arn't to keen about buying a guitar before buying it...but i could return any of this stuff should I need to for like $20.

You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!!
wtf is "pink"mahogany?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Yeah^ what he said, I mean I own a cheapo guitar with tuners that don't even have screws on them to hold them in, that's how cheap it is. The tuners are lifting out with the tension of the strings.

Unless you're willing to shell out another $280(at least) of parts on the guitar i wouldn't go for it
Quote by injected
Yeah^ what he said, I mean I own a cheapo guitar with tuners that don't even have screws on them to hold them in, that's how cheap it is. The tuners are lifting out with the tension of the strings.

Unless you're willing to shell out another $280(at least) of parts on the guitar i wouldn't go for it

You don't need screws on your tuners. Tighten the bolt on the side where you put the strings through and you're sorted. I recntly put some new tuners on and I haven't bothered screwing them in yet and probably won't cos it's fine as long as the bolt is tight.
pink mahogony is a type of wood.

it could very well be a very good custom made guitar.
Wood name: Agba

Common Names
Achi, Achi-aro, Agba, Agbara, Boana, Dembo, Ditchipi, Egba, Emonga, Emongi, Loshi-erin, Mboron, Moboron, Mpele, Mpere, Mupaka, Mushilu mutoke, Mutsekamambole, N'Tola, Nigerian cedar, Ntola, Okimeten, Pink mahogany, Tola, Tola blanc, Tola branca, Tshibudimbu t****oke, White tola

Regions of Distribution
Africa

Countries of Distribution [VIEW MAP]
Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Zaire

Common Uses
Balusters, Boat building (general), Boat building, Boat building: decking, Boat building: planking, Boxes and crates, Bridge construction, Building construction, Building materials, Cabinetmaking, Canoes, Carvings, Chairs, Chests, Coffins, Concealed parts (Furniture), Concrete formwork, Construction, Cooperages, Core Stock, Decorative plywood, Desks, Dining-room furniture, Domestic flooring, Dowell pins, Dowells, Drawer sides, Excelsior, Fine furniture, Floor lamps, Flooring, Furniture , Furniture components, Furniture squares or stock, Furniture, Hatracks, Heavy construction, Interior construction, Interior trim, Joinery (external): ground contact, Joinery, Kitchen cabinets, Lifeboats, Light construction, Living-room suites, Millwork, Moldings, Musical instruments: piano, Office furniture, Paneling, Parquet flooring, Particleboard, Plywood corestock, Plywood, Plywood: veneer (marine), Poles, Pulp/Paper products, Radio - stereo - TV cabinets, Railroad ties, Rustic furniture, Shipbuilding, Sporting Goods, Stairworks, Tool handles, Toys, Turnery, Vats, Vehicle parts, Veneer: decorative
If they have a return policy, I'd go for it. It's got everything you say you want, and it looks great. As long as they have a return policy, you can get it and see how it feels, if it's just not for you send it back.
But yeh...I'd go for it if I was you.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Wood name: Agba

Common Names
Achi, Achi-aro, Agba, Agbara, Boana, Dembo, Ditchipi, Egba, Emonga, Emongi, Loshi-erin, Mboron, Moboron, Mpele, Mpere, Mupaka, Mushilu mutoke, Mutsekamambole, N'Tola, Nigerian cedar, Ntola, Okimeten, Pink mahogany, Tola, Tola blanc, Tola branca, Tshibudimbu t****oke, White tola

Regions of Distribution
Africa

Countries of Distribution [VIEW MAP]
Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Zaire

Common Uses
Balusters, Boat building (general), Boat building, Boat building: decking, Boat building: planking, Boxes and crates, Bridge construction, Building construction, Building materials, Cabinetmaking, Canoes, Carvings, Chairs, Chests, Coffins, Concealed parts (Furniture), Concrete formwork, Construction, Cooperages, Core Stock, Decorative plywood, Desks, Dining-room furniture, Domestic flooring, Dowell pins, Dowells, Drawer sides, Excelsior, Fine furniture, Floor lamps, Flooring, Furniture , Furniture components, Furniture squares or stock, Furniture, Hatracks, Heavy construction, Interior construction, Interior trim, Joinery (external): ground contact, Joinery, Kitchen cabinets, Lifeboats, Light construction, Living-room suites, Millwork, Moldings, Musical instruments: piano, Office furniture, Paneling, Parquet flooring, Particleboard, Plywood corestock, Plywood, Plywood: veneer (marine), Poles, Pulp/Paper products, Radio - stereo - TV cabinets, Railroad ties, Rustic furniture, Shipbuilding, Sporting Goods, Stairworks, Tool handles, Toys, Turnery, Vats, Vehicle parts, Veneer: decorative

Too much free time my friend. Wayyyy too much free time...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Les Paul Ell
You don't need screws on your tuners. Tighten the bolt on the side where you put the strings through and you're sorted. I recntly put some new tuners on and I haven't bothered screwing them in yet and probably won't cos it's fine as long as the bolt is tight.

Mr. Michael Kelly low class division would like to have a word with you.

Tightening the screw only makes the peg tighter, does nothing to the tuner top. Most quality guitars have screws that hold those in place, but not alot of cheapo guitars do
Quote by injected
You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!!

yeah, it might disrupt the space-time continuum!

anyway, regarding the guitar, i'd be wary. the blurb sounds like some of those chinese sites (i.e. dodgy translations). I wouldn't bid if i were you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A Licensed Floyd Rose generally is a no-no, unless of course its a Schaller or Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose.

If you haven't experienced the pain and frustration of an LFR, then you probably won't be able to understand why I highly suggest you stay away from this guitar. Also, don't plan on buying this guitar and swapping out an OFR for the LFR---sometimes a direct swap isn't possible and, even when it is, it usually isn't cost effective.

Even if the LFR functions properly at first (which many LFRs won't), within a short period of time, the cheap pot metal will wear down, and you will have a guitar that flies out of tune with even moderate use of the whammy bar. Even worse, just BENDING the strings will start to throw the guitar out of tune (and I don't mean that the guitar will become sharp or flat----I mean the string will actually lose most all of its tension and the OTHER strings will go out of tune because it is a floating trem). Combine that with the fact that the LFR will SUCK sustain incredibly, and I highly advise you to stay clear.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by injected
Mr. Michael Kelly low class division would like to have a word with you.

Tightening the screw only makes the peg tighter, does nothing to the tuner top. Most quality guitars have screws that hold those in place, but not alot of cheapo guitars do

While that looks pretty bad I don't think it's as serious as you think!

Next time you take your strings off take the tuners off and hit the little metal bits which are left in the holes with a mallet to knock them back into place. I recon that's all it is. Has nothing to do with the tuner itself, it's just the little metal tuner holder guide thingy.
Quote by FourSticks17
A Licensed Floyd Rose generally is a no-no, unless of course its a Schaller or Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose.

If you haven't experienced the pain and frustration of an LFR, then you probably won't be able to understand why I highly suggest you stay away from this guitar. Also, don't plan on buying this guitar and swapping out an OFR for the LFR---sometimes a direct swap isn't possible and, even when it is, it usually isn't cost effective.

Even if the LFR functions properly at first (which many LFRs won't), within a short period of time, the cheap pot metal will wear down, and you will have a guitar that flies out of tune with even moderate use of the whammy bar. Even worse, just BENDING the strings will start to throw the guitar out of tune (and I don't mean that the guitar will become sharp or flat----I mean the string will actually lose most all of its tension and the OTHER strings will go out of tune because it is a floating trem). Combine that with the fact that the LFR will SUCK sustain incredibly, and I highly advise you to stay clear.

exactly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?