i was wondering if there was a program out there taht could take the vocals off of songs because i like the guitar parts to a lot of death metal but i dont like the screaming so any help would be appreciated
thanks
ben
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Find the master tracks.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
just listen to it for a while and you will start to like it, its an aquired taste.

Also, dont be a pussy.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Download Transcribe, it can lower the vocals and sometimes get rid of them all together depending on the panning. It's mainly for tabbing though.
haha alright then i guess ill just ahve to deal with it eh? thanks anyways
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
I'll finally be able to enjoy Dream Theater's music if programs like that exist.

Oh wait, we have Liquid Tension Experiment. Never mind.
Quote by goldmember1217
I'll finally be able to enjoy Dream Theater's music if programs like that exist.

Hey DT are good!"
buy pro tools, and then convince the band to give you the masters of the song.
ive always kinda appreciated death metal vocals... i got the new white chapel album and love it
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
There is a program called GoldWave that can reduce the vocals. Obviously it's not accurate because he can not know if a sound is a guitar or a voice or anything. It can 90% remove the vocals, but it will remove other frequencies too. Result will not be accurate.
Quote by goldmember1217

Yeah, I always skipped the song when he starts singing, it's really anonying!
Quote by Poglia
There is a program called GoldWave that can reduce the vocals. Obviously it's not accurate because he can not know if a sound is a guitar or a voice or anything. It can 90% remove the vocals, but it will remove other frequencies too. Result will not be accurate.

Yeah that's the easiest/quickest way to do it, because there is literally a "Vocal Remover" option in the menu. But like you said -- say goodbye to some of the other layers of the song as well
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Just listen to it and you will start to like it. There is no program to magically un-mix songs.

Quote by goldmember1217

What's wrong With James LaBrie? I like his voice.

Why are you people so damn picky about vocals?
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Hey DT are good!"

Yeah Rick Allen, Dream Theater are pretty good Rick Allen. But James Labrie's voice is annoying and he's not cool like you Rick Allen. Ahhhh, that's a band that doesn't need vocals taken off, DEF LEPPARD! Ain't that right Rick Allen?

Oh Joe Elliott, when will you be mine?
The new beta Audacity has a vocal remover, which removes any centre-panned audio. Obviously it makes the sound quality of everything else shit, but you'll live.
Quote by Masonpwiley
What's wrong With James LaBrie? I like his voice.

I actually like his voice on the most recent albums, but I can't stand his voice from Awake and such.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Yeah Rick Allen, Dream Theater are pretty good Rick Allen. But James Labrie's voice is annoying and he's not cool like you Rick Allen. Ahhhh, that's a band that doesn't need vocals taken off, DEF LEPPARD! Ain't that right Rick Allen?

Oh Joe Elliott, when will you be mine?

I was waiting for this.....and Joe Elliot is all mine!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I was waiting for this.....and Joe Elliot is all mine!

Haha whenever I see you in the forums I just can't resist!...Rick...

yeah right, Joe says he loves me and not you every night before we go to bed.
Quote by goldmember1217
I actually like his voice on the most recent albums, but I can't stand his voice from Awake and such.

i liked it alot on six degrees of inner turbulence.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.