ok....ive seen pictures of kerry's rig, and i have a question...why does he use only straight cabs? i would like to know wether i should buy a straight or a slant, because i want to get the beefy metal sound that kerry has.

thanks, and ROCK ON.
Straight cabs sound different from slants, the projection is different and has more bass response.
straight cabs look better to some people. just buy whatever you want.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Because all those cabs on stage are fake and it looks better and he is micing his real cab so it doesnt matter if it is straight or slant...

Straight and slants do have different projections.

But yes, you are right when you say most of them are fake or not in use.
Quote by al112987
Straight and slants do have different projections.

But yes, you are right when you say most of them are fake or not in use.

I know, im just answering the mans question
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I know, im just answering the mans question

Speaking of the fake cab thing, its hilarious how musicians stick a giant wall of heads and 4x12s on their backline and only run one stack or half stack. I read that Alex Lifeson (Rush) only uses one stack and fills up the rest of the stage with roast chickens LOL.

edit: my bad it was actually Geddy Lee

Last edited by al112987 at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by al112987
Speaking of the fake cab thing, its hilarious how musicians stick a giant wall of heads and 4x12s on their backline and only run one stack or half stack. I read that Alex Lifeson (Rush) only uses one stack and fills up the rest of the stage with roast chickens LOL.

Its what we pay for.. I cant blame them thats what makes the show... And thats what we the consumer demand so they pretty much have to do it or else people would stop showing up its all about the fans.

And I've seen even less then a halfstack, alot of bands are running 1x12 combos in road cases
lol when i saw slayer on the unholy alliance they had two upside down crosses of Marshall cabs...lmao

they were like 12ft tall
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by al112987
I read that Alex Lifeson (Rush) only uses one stack and fills up the rest of the stage with roast chickens LOL.

Not quite; he doesn't actually have any cabs or amplification gear on stage because he goes into a preamp and the straight to the PA as far as I'm aware; they thought his side of the stage looked empty so he fills the space with various things like rotisserie chicken cookers, washing machines and so on.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by al112987

now he's using rotisserie chickens for a back line? lol. it used to be washing machines. I forgot what Geddy's response for that was in an interview; something about how it projects the sound.
Those chickens, if their real... Must make that place smell HORRID!
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by RG_FANMAN
now he's using rotisserie chickens for a back line? lol. it used to be washing machines. I forgot what Geddy's response for that was in an interview; something about how it projects the sound.

they are his amps , if you look closely there is a mic book at the bottomof the oven and but they are just 50 watt amps and he mics them
Quote by ledzeppelin7900
ok....ive seen pictures of kerry's rig, and i have a question...why does he use only straight cabs? i would like to know wether i should buy a straight or a slant, because i want to get the beefy metal sound that kerry has.

thanks, and ROCK ON.

If you want to get KFK's "beefy metal sound" get some EMG's and play them through a JCM800 and a cab with Celestion G12K-100s and Vintage 30s... and maybe throw in an MXR 10 band EQ lol.

Or if that is too pricey get a big, straight cab - bigger cabs have more bass response and straight cabs have a punchier sound than slant cabs imo.
...how did this get onto geddy lee and roasted chickens???!!!?!.....i still need help on how to get kerry's sound. should i get a slant cab or a straight cab....
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Quote by Rushfan2121
they are his amps , if you look closely there is a mic book at the bottomof the oven and but they are just 50 watt amps and he mics them

No they are not.... you are nuts.

Honestly,

Geddy uses tube DI's and then into Palmer speaker sims and then out to the PA. Please, do some research before spewing ****.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Because all those cabs on stage are fake...

Plus a giant upside down cross of slanted cabs wouldn't like right now would it?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by ledzeppelin7900
...how did this get onto geddy lee and roasted chickens???!!!?!.....i still need help on how to get kerry's sound. should i get a slant cab or a straight cab....

Quote by i_am_metalhead
If you want to get KFK's "beefy metal sound" get some EMG's and play them through a JCM800 and a cab with Celestion G12K-100s and Vintage 30s... and maybe throw in an MXR 10 band EQ lol.

Or if that is too pricey get a big, straight cab - bigger cabs have more bass response and straight cabs have a punchier sound than slant cabs imo.

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.