So I recently picked up an Arbor AF-100, which is pretty much a cheap SG Jr. copy. Anyways, I really like this guitar but I have one problem. I play a lot of Hardcore (or whatever you like to call it, Chiodos, Saosin, The Fall of Troy kinda stuff) which, as you know, is typically rather high gain. I am running it through my Peavey Rockmaster preamp, TC G-Major, and the power amp stage of my Crate V33H. I get a lot of feedback at higher volumes, and don't get me wrong, I love the tone I get, I just get a lot of feedback. I was looking for some Stacked P-90s or P-100s or H-90's (though I can't seem to find them anywhere except for in the Billy Joel Armstrong Les Paul Jr.).

Anyways, I was wondering what would best suit my needs, here's a list of what I'm looking for.

-Low Feedback

-Dog Ear Style

-Good for high gain stuff

-Decent cleans

I love this guitar, it plays really nicely for a $200 axe, I'd just like to make it better suited to fit my needs. I'm open to any suggestions under $200.

One day I'll buy 6505 or possibly 6260 (I like the sound of these amps alot, better cleans that the 6505 too), but I like my tone for now. I know that P-90s aren't the best for my genre, but I've always been a little off.
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
H-90s are pretty much a custom BJ pickup, im pretty sure. Look on Guitar Fetish for some, they have some great budget pickups. Or, if you can spend more, look at some Bareknuckle pickups.
^ yeah, i haven't tried it, but a bareknuckle pig 90 might do that. not sure if they do it in dogear style, though (they might).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks a lot guys. Looks like GFS doesn't offer any sort of humbeckery P-90s, does anyone know how their P-90s are? I'll most definately look at those BK's, I know Matt Bellamy of Muse uses some BKP's and he;s another huge influence of mine. I'm still open to suggestions though!

EDIT: I know that Gibson makes dog ear P-90 covers, will those be able to convert a stacked soapbar P-90?

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Last edited by Captirk at Aug 5, 2008,
oh, the bareknuckle pig 90 is still a single coil, just i think it's aimed at higher gain music. in case that affects your decision.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's quite fine with me! I love the single coil sound! Thanks for the recommendation Dave! And I think (after inspecting my guitar a little) I should be able to plop any soap bar right into my dog ear covers, so keep that in mind as well!

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
it's not a recommendation, i haven't tried it, lol. just it might be worth looking into. the bareknuckles i have tried are nice.

if you are considering it, you'll get good advice from the bareknuckle forum, or by emailing the company.

But i'm sure there are lots of boutique pickup makers in the USA who might do a similar pickup, who'd also be worth looking into.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?