It starts roughly near the beginning, it's an expression pedal, that when he presses it down, it sustains the chord he's just played, so he can play over the top? Any ideas would be great.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

I think it swells the volume. I used to know what it was. I forgot as well.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
erm my guess is a rotary speaker effect coupled with either chorus or reverb. whatever it is its drawing out the full chord only. i think its possibly like a riff loop but blended at either end, i'm going to call it a Sustained chord only effect pedal thingy (technical term i know). anyone has a better explanation i'd love to find out so i can buy one.

on a side note live, gilmour usually has Richard Wright keeping a sustained Gm chord whilst he solo's (as seen on P.U.L.S.E.) maybe you could try and get an emulator or a friend who plays keyboard to join in?

if this doesnt help, sorry i usually use my thumb to hold down the G note and set my AVT on Hall mode 1 when i play it. sustain wears out eventually though
I Stay Up All Night Practicing
Top Gear Lovers

Quote by Century
...has broken his g-string fingering a minor

Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Marshall 1975 Plexi 4x12
Blackstar HT-Dual
I think that Electroharmonix HOG thing can do that

its good a mode called "Freeze" where it holds the chord you're playing
Last edited by seljer at Aug 5, 2008,