Poll: crappy car or kickass motorcycle?
Poll Options
View poll results: crappy car or kickass motorcycle?
cheap car
14 35%
cool motorcycle
26 65%
Voters: 40.
Well after next year i'll be heading to college and wanting some sort of transportation so i can get a job and get from place to place easier. It'll most likely be in the $3000 and under price range. For that you can get a honda with like 100k+ miles on it...Or..You can get a kick ass motorcycle with hardly any miles on it.

motorcycle:
great on gas, fun to ride, probably better for pickin up the chicks. Bad thing is that if i crash i'm pretty screwed.

cheap car:
o.k on gas since it'll be a honda or something similar. But it'll be higher mileage and such.

so basically..
If you crash in a motorcycle is it really a death sentance? Or are most deaths on motorcycles caused by these young guys who choose to go 100 on the freeway through traffic?

so should i get a crappy car or a badass motorcycle?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Most motorcycle deaths are caused by not wearing the correct protection, ironically enough, this is also how motorcyclists end up with children.
I don't like motorcycles. My uncle from my mom's side nearly died in a crash once, and my uncle on my dad's side did die. Don't do it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I'd say a bike, but it sounds like you've never had exp with one. Even used they are a little over 3grand, i guess it depends on where you live and how well you shop.. Also I would factor in and where you will be going to college at, I would be more comfortable on a bike in a small town than one with 4 lane highways and crazy traffic.
Get the bike, wear the right gear. If your going to go fast, do it in the right place and stay sober, you will be fine.
Last edited by Floy at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by Floy
I'd say a bike, but it sounds like you've never had exp with one. Even used they are a little over 3grand, i guess it depends on where you live and how well you shop.. Also I would factor in and where you will be going to college at, I would be more comfortable on a bike in a small town than one with 4 lane highways and crazy traffic.
Get the bike, wear the right gear, if your going to go fast do it in the right place and stay sober and you will be fine.

AND DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU TRULY KNOW YOU CAN HANDLE IT

really. I nearly died because of that once
You like it
Well first off, you WILL crash if you ride a motorcycle. If you don't, you are the exception and are VERY lucky. That being said, obviously every crash isn't automatically a death sentence, as you put it. The main thing is to wear ALL the gear (riding boots and pants, armor jacket, a helmet, obviously).

And also be sure to ride one first. When you do, look at all the roads signs and trees and poles going by, and just imagine what it'd do if you were off your bike because of some oil on the road and into one of them at 60 mph. Just respect it.
We're only strays.
Quote by Floy
Get the bike, wear the right gear, if your going to go fast do it in the right place and stay sober and you will be fine.

yeah i've only had experience on other kinds of bikes(dirtbikes and bmx lol). I wasn't planning on going fast too often anyway.

as for schools..i live in california so i'm looking at probably being in cities like Sacramento, (maybe) san jose, or maybe a smaller place like Sonoma.

i don't drink so the sober part is fine.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
yeah i was looking at the department of transportation website. They say out of over 6 million motorcyclists there were 4,810 fatalities in 2006, but there were also 88,000 injuries.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by legiondairy
Most motorcycle deaths are caused by not wearing the correct protection, ironically enough, this is also how motorcyclists end up with children.

I think you've just become the 4th person to ever make it, well done. *firm handshake and awkward eyecontact lasting too long*
i have a motorcycle and i love it, but sometimes i really wish i had a car

let me tell you the bad things about a motorcycle

super hot weather sucks
cold weather sucks
rain sucks
snow sucks
other drivers dont see you
high speed wind sucks

but dont get me wrong i LOVE my bike but those are some of the things that make me wish i had a car sometimes

and you can get a realy nice car for $3000
my bro just bought a 94 oldsmobile achevia with 47k miles for 2400$
its looks brand new and has no problems

dont buy a used honda, kids these days think that they are race cars and run them into the ground and kill the motors and trasmissions
Make sure you don't call Zed's chopper a motorcycle.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
i say go for the car just because of safety
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
if your careful and a good driver then a bike shouldnt be a problem. Sure they can be risky and very dangerous but so can car if you get into an accident
plus chicks love riding on the back of bikes
cars=boring
Motorbikes scare the **** out of me, and I prefer cars.... I dont quite know why
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by charvel_man
Be different; get a trike!

I want one.

They are more dangerous then bikes.

Especially on pot-holes and corners.

Yay for motorcycles