ok, now for more questions for the intermediate begginer (me). i have been playing for about a year and a half and have only been playing on budget guitars so far. even though i still have a lot of experience to gain i have been beginning to hate my tone! can anyone suggest a good budget amp (at least 2x12 speakers) that has a nice gainy tone, kinda something along the line of sammy hagars guitar from the one way to rock track from the van halen live right hear right now album (or something nice and warm), and then some hi gain pickups. for the amps they need to be around the 200-300$ range, and for the pickups $100 and under, a little over if necessary. you guys are very helpful, and its very fortunate that there is a place like this online, so thank you.
For an amp with the tone that your thinking of, I bought a 'Fender FM 212R' which only ran me about 320.00 at mary's music store. It as two 12 inch speakers with a basic eq (treble,middle,bass,gain,chorus,reverb) it came with a switch pedal so ya never have ta push the button The tone it gives ranges from AC/DC -> Stevie Ray Vaughn (depending on how you set it).
For pick ups i'd go with a set of seymour duncan antiquity humbuckers, they look and sound like they've been played for bout 40 years (of course they're not that old) so with those you should get the sound that you described
"...I tell them if its sounds good it's good, no need to change..."

Yngwie Malmsteen-
Quote by Dsmal Faith
For an amp with the tone that your thinking of, I bought a 'Fender FM 212R' which only ran me about 320.00 at mary's music store. It as two 12 inch speakers with a basic eq (treble,middle,bass,gain,chorus,reverb) it came with a switch pedal so ya never have ta push the button The tone it gives ranges from AC/DC -> Stevie Ray Vaughn (depending on how you set it).
For pick ups i'd go with a set of seymour duncan antiquity humbuckers, they look and sound like they've been played for bout 40 years (of course they're not that old) so with those you should get the sound that you described
sounds great! i'll look into it.
No. Save a little more and get a Peavey Valveking 112 and an overdrive pedal. That should cost you about $450.
Pickups, I'd suggest some Dimarzios and some GFS. GFS are at Guitarfetish.com and are quite cheap (2 humbuckers for about $45)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.