Hi i am thinknig of getting a Jackson RR3 because i love Vs and im in a band but the drummer lives far you see , so we have to travel a lot , so i was wondering if any one knew , just HOW reliable the gig bags are for the RR guitars , and if so , which is the best one for me to get ? I dont want to damage the paintwork on the edge ..

It would be good to have someone reply who actually uses a gig back with thier jackson V

ps. i know there are other threads like this , but they just ask where to get the gig bags from...not if they'll **** up your guitar!!!! lol

Thanks guys
lol
hard shell always
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
the gig will keep your paint job nice,but you will still get dings and dents in your body and neck which is not good,you drop a gig bag and your screwed,now i have a jackson hardshell case for my jackson warrior,you could probably run this case over with a car and your guitar would still be fine,the cases are definetly worth it,save up for them,they are way more trustworthy
hmm....its just that carrying a case on the train and bus and carrying it along walking everywhere is such a mission...trust me i know from my Dean CFH

is there no exceptions ?

The hardcase for my dean is rectangular and its massive...tooo big
there really is no 2 ways about it, you could try to find a smaller case, but a hardshell case will do much better
ahh man , see now i dont know whether to get that guitar...its just too much fuss...like...gig bag its just...on your back and thats it , but with hard case its massive and to cary it is long... what about the proper one that Jackson themselves made for the guitars... ? or are they still ball...
Quote by Guitarist_T
hmm....its just that carrying a case on the train and bus and carrying it along walking everywhere is such a mission...trust me i know from my Dean CFH

Why don't you just get the case... then walk... fatty.

But seriously, i'd get a case, even thought it's a hassle i'd love to know my baby would be protected instead of worrying about dropping it all the time.
O O

___
its true , but i was going to get the RR3 as my cheap guitar because i want a V , NOW , and then just use that while saving for a RR1T , so i dont really care if i damage it a tiny bit , because remember we arent a big band so its going to get bashed around on stage and carrying it to and from its case lol
hahaha. Well, if you're okay with a little bit damaged guitar, and you'd prefer a gig bag for better mobility... go for it. It's cheaper, which is a plus, too.

But also, still be careful, because you can still drop in in the wrong place, or too hard and i'd hate to break a chunk of the wing or the neck off.
O O

___
well i'd never break the neck off but i am worried about the wing...thats my only problem ... such a hard decision , because it sounds all piss easy to everyone saying it > " just carry the hard case you lazy mug " but i am NOT getting a hard case if its gonna be as heavy and big as my Dean , its just ridiculous for transport
are you walking... ?
if you are, then a gig bag will suffice...

if you're using transport, i'd definately get a hardcase...
i've got both a bag and a case for my kelly...
ohh ok cool , what gig bag do you use with your Kelly ?
And , has there been any dents or scratches of paintwork when carrying it in the gig bag ?
because i AM going to be walking a lot and getting transport a little
I'd say get a hard case. I've only ever had one problem with my Les Paul in it's hardcase. I banged it off a wall by accident, and the bridge tone knob snapped a bit. Hard cases really do hold out well. You could drop your guitar down stairs and it would be fine.
i know i know guys , it is the most sensible thing to do yeah and it will definitely keep the guitar in shape , but will a heavily padded gig bag do a good job aswell?
Quote by Guitarist_T
ohh ok cool , what gig bag do you use with your Kelly ?
And , has there been any dents or scratches of paintwork when carrying it in the gig bag ?
because i AM going to be walking a lot and getting transport a little

it's a Ritter model, i don't know exactly the number of it...
but i got it from here...
http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/category_193_53_256_Ritter_Gig_Bags_1.html?sUsid=950db8121c23cf6b2b87308d6037f930
they're really nice...
well padded, loads of pockets, and they look cool, too...

no dents, scratches at all, but i haven't dropped my guitar in it yet...
nor do i plan to... :P
there is a bit of dust, but hey, that can't be avoided...
Jacksons are hardy guitars and can take a good beating...