what is the point of having the same pickup in both the bridge and neck position like kirk hammett?
More output on the neck. Modern bridge pickups generally have more output than neck pickups.
Dude its not like they will sound the same... the strings vibration is different in certain places yo.
Quote by meonme
Dude its not like they will sound the same... the strings vibration is different in certain places yo.

this. I think Kirk does it because he likes the tone of the 81. Many guitars have the same pickup in the bridge as they do in the neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
most guitar with stock pups come with the same pups in the neck and bridge(some diferences in size) but they dont sound the same, diferent positions = diferent vibrations
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I have matching pickup (Bareknuckel Mules). They are made so that the one will fit tonewise to the other. As said they don't sound exactly the same!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009