Are there any Billy Joel fans here? Seriously, this guy is up there with the Lennon/McCartneys of the music business. Hes such a beast, not only can he shred the piano up amazingly, but his songs are awe inspiring, every song off of everyone of his albums (at least up until the 80s, even some including the 80s) is amazing. Whenever Billy Joel is on the airwaves its just one big sing-a-long with everyone in the room. His lyrics are really quite something too, Scenes From An Italian Resturant? Discuss the amazingness that is Billy Joel.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
hell yeah, No Mans Land, his best song ever.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
downeasta' alexa stands to be probably the saddest song ever written
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
great musician, everyone always sings along, me and my stoner friends at least, love the dude
I love him. But it's funny that you should call him a genius. I just saw a thing on him on VH1 classic and he said something interesting about that.

He said that he isn't a genius, but he knows how to do what he is supposed to do. He said he is competent in a time when many are not, and that makes him look great by comparison.

Either way, I love his music.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I think hes just being modest. Compare his ability to write/compose/play/sing to any of his contemporaries or any artist since (or before for the matter), who can match him? Elton John, Paul McCarteny, I don't throw the term genius around lightly, but he personifies musical genius.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
I like his compositions, but some parts of the production just annoy me - e.g., "Goodnight Saigon" is a wonderful song, until you get to that stupid echo. Things like that.

EDIT FOR GREAT JUSTICE: TS, is your title a Styx reference? If so, high-five.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Aug 6, 2008,
Does anyone know what he's going to do next?.....possibly a new album and/or tour?Or is it true he is/has retired. I don't hear much about him these days.
Quote by trey-col89
I think hes just being modest. Compare his ability to write/compose/play/sing to any of his contemporaries or any artist since (or before for the matter), who can match him? Elton John, Paul McCarteny, I don't throw the term genius around lightly, but he personifies musical genius.

Oh yeah, its definitely at least partly modesty. But still, he has a point.

And, he is great, but if you really want to go back even before his time, I could name many songwriters who at least match him.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
^I'll give you that its overplayed and the music is 80's sounding. But the lyrics are genius, in my opinion.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Billy hates "we didn't start the fire" too. He says it's such a bore to play. I honestly never really got into his music much. I've only heard his radio hits and they all annoy me.
Eh, whatever. I still enjoy the song
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by master
Billy hates "we didn't start the fire" too. He says it's such a bore to play. I honestly never really got into his music much. I've only heard his radio hits and they all annoy me.

Meh, It's still rock and roll to me.
billy joel is a genius, ya some stuff got a little too "poppy" but even that stuff is good. I've seen him and elton john live, amazing performer and writer. Add piano rock to the long list of things that were sweet and now you cant find anymore.. shame he stop making albums, worth the money to see the old guys rock.

myspace.com/rocketknife