Ok guys everything went well and Im ready to customize the First Act ME955 guitar. Yes it may sound like a teribble customization but its not here's the specs:

-Installing a brand new pickup (one hum)
-Sanding the paint from its first Customization by a friend
-Removing the original Pickguard and replacing it with a custom one
-Possibly replacing the neck
-Brand new hardware (knobs, bridge, maybe tuners, pots of course pickups)

So this guitar will pretty much be about 20% First act, and 80% new. Heres some of the plans I made. Oh and one thing these pics are in LP form. The Gutar itself is in the shape of an LPS.

Made on Kisekae Virtual Guitar Builder

A MS Paint Image of What it used to look like and what it may look like now (i say may because I still have to get the guitar from my friend I've seen it once or twice but that doesn't matter cuz the paint's gotta go anyway)

Pics will be soon. I'll start with the paint of course. Maybe I'll have the guitar by tommorow or the next day. Gonna start this weekend.

Edit: Sorry forgot to post a pic of what it's gonna look like

Last edited by kydoodlebob at Aug 5, 2008,
I would just invest in a new guitar, but I gess making something of it would seem funner. I have the guitar thats in the last pic lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
if this is the walmart kind of first act do yourself a favor and get a Squier at least bro.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by kennyvspenny
if this is the walmart kind of first act do yourself a favor and get a Squier at least bro.

Note: If you noticed my Gear list I already have a squier, I'm just doing this for fun you know, maybe sell it to someone who wants to start playing a guitar, and give them a real good beginner guitar instead of as you said buying a walmart first act. Besides when I'm done this guitar may be great, may be terrible, but its worth a try, and if it totally fails I'll just start by making another guitar. Pretty simple.
Lol... looks like a combination of a Les Paul, Thinline Tele and a P Bass. Just my 0.02.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
What really steams me is when people bash a customization attempt on the basis that the guitar to be customized is a low-end guitar.

Go for it, TS. Looking forward to the finished product.
yeah it could be cool.

I was at walmart today and i saw a manager proudly wiping down the first act strat on display

a job well done
^ Hahaa.

TS, I say go for it, no huge loss if it screws up eh?
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Yea I'm gona try, I mean, like I said before It's gonna end up being 20% First act, and 80% Brand New Hardware. Me and my friend should get the guitar sooner or later, and we'll start by sanding a repainting. Pics soon.

Edit: Also besides warmoth and project guitar where are song some good sites to buy wiring and the electronics.

Edit Edit: Heres a pic of another possibility, made with MS Paint.

Last edited by kydoodlebob at Aug 6, 2008,
Ok so I tried to buy the guitar from my friend but he insists on customizing the guitar himself (he has no experience). This is his version of customization, I remember what he said , "Why do you want to customize a crappy guitar like that, I'm already gonna customize" (me) "You have no experience whatsoever of customize anything" "Why all you have to do is spray paint it a color move around some wires and BOOM you got a guitar". He's an idiot he can't do anything right so it will probably end up with me not getting the guitar. Sorry guys but if you can give me any advice on how to get this guitar from that guy I really would appreciate it.

Srry for the double-post. No one really talked after the last message.
Quote by kydoodlebob
Ok so I tried to buy the guitar from my friend but he insists on customizing the guitar himself (he has no experience). This is his version of customization, I remember what he said , "Why do you want to customize a crappy guitar like that, I'm already gonna customize" (me) "You have no experience whatsoever of customize anything" "Why all you have to do is spray paint it a color move around some wires and BOOM you got a guitar". He's an idiot he can't do anything right so it will probably end up with me not getting the guitar. Sorry guys but if you can give me any advice on how to get this guitar from that guy I really would appreciate it.

Srry for the double-post. No one really talked after the last message.

Maybe I'm missing something. but isn't a first act guitar like 30 bucks anyways? Go buy one.
Quote by Invader Jim
What really steams me is when people bash a customization attempt on the basis that the guitar to be customized is a low-end guitar.

Go for it, TS. Looking forward to the finished product.

+1 i agree, i too am looking forward to this
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.