Poll: Which style should I go For?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which style should I go For?
1) Tele Custom / Deluxe Style
15 52%
2) Standard Tele Style
14 48%
Voters: 29.
Hi all,

I'm putting together my first partscaster project, and now I have a neck and body its time to make some decisions with the rest of the build.

Just for info its an alder squier standard top loader body, and a chinese CBS headstock squier strat neck. I don't have a guitar with P90's, so I'm swaying towards those, maybe a bigsby B5/50 too. I'm gonna make sure I can get the neck and body to mate properly in the meantime, but I'll have a decision to make once thats done. I can't make my mind up whether to:

1) turn it into a tele custom / deluxe type setup, with the large pickguard, 3 way toggle at the top and 2 vol and 2 tones.

2) keep it in a standard tele type layout, using a modified pickguard and using the normal type control plate, 1 vol 1 tone and 3 way blade selector.

Any preferences? I really can't decide! I think the body will need routing anyway so it won't be much more work goin the custom / deluxe route.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
I think you should make it a P90 (neck) S (middle) H (bridge) with the same setup as #1.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I think you should make it a P90 (neck) S (middle) H (bridge) with the same setup as #1.

Agreed, that'd be sweet with p-90, single, and hum, a lotta options there.
I say a mini-humbucker in the neck and a single in the bridge, with the standard tele.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Cheers for the input / votes guys

I've just bolted the neck on to see what it looks like, and I reakon it might be a standard tele type. Neckplate has just arrived so I'll prob have a play with it next week.

Still unsure about pickups- but i'm still leaning towards 2 p90's. I have 2 guitars with H/H config and one with S/S/S already. bigsbys are bloody expensive tho, so might leave that.

The p90's with bigsby idea came from the other week when i saw the black keys play at abbey road on TV. His old harmony looks and sounds awesome, so I though i might build a battered tele in a similar style.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Custom style, with 2 P90s.

EDIT: A Bigsby? I'm not a fan of teles with tremolos, but I guess its your build, not mine.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt