I am trying to learn Spanish Romance for my girlfriends quinceanera next Wednesday, and i'm having a problem with the fingering on a part of it.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_traditional/spanish_romance_tab.htm

on the third row down, first measure, how would you finger that? I'm guessing you barre the 7th fret, but its difficult (not impossible though) for me to place my 2nd and 3rd finger on the 8th fret, high e and g string.

are there any other fingerings i'm just not seeing?
the fingering is(PIMA) PA-M-I, yea its easier if you bar it, u gotta use your pinky when u hit the 11 fret and middle finger for the 8th fret on the high string! HOOPE U GET LAID!
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Last edited by HenHouse at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by Jeremy Clark
bleh, well I guess i'll just have to practice the flexibility a bit...

Wait till you get to the 2nd half. I've been working on this one too....and for me, the key change section is a lot harder.
Quote by acritzer
Wait till you get to the 2nd half. I've been working on this one too....and for me, the key change section is a lot harder.

Your kidding right? I just started on the song today and I have barely a week to get it down

I'm practicing about 5 hours a day with atleast 3 hours per day on the song, so hopefully I can get this... she would love it to death if I can get it down it.
This is a beautiful song that i've been learning as well.

Just to note there is also a another website (not that ultimate guitar isn't a great site ) that has classical guitar tabs. There are other versions of this song here. They're all on the same page but theres multiple versions.

http://www.classtab.org/zanroman.txt

Some might be harder or easier for you maybe. I'm sure you'll be able to learn the song in time. Good luck.
Yes the song is good to help with your fingering and finger picking. I gotta memorize the second part, and there's parts that are a bit tricky but just practis and you'll eventually get there.

Try what I do, check some of the covers of other people playing on youtube, it's a great way to get visual help.
I'm guessing you barre the 7th fret, but its difficult (not impossible though) for me to place my 2nd and 3rd finger on the 8th fret, high e and g string.

Thats how i play it. Just keep at it.