I'm a guitarist searching for members for an online Prog Death band. I'm looking for guys who will be willing to write original material. The style will be heavily influenced by Opeth. That's the sound I'm going for, but I don't want t sound like Opeth. I just want to give everyone a clear understanding of what direction I'm going in.

Right now I need a bassist, drummer, keyboardist (optional) and a vocalist. I can lay down the 2nd guitar parts if necessary, but the position is more than open to anyone else.

Is anyone interested?
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Last edited by Riffomatic_5000 at Aug 6, 2008,
haha! It's np, bro. It's not like I'm using anything spectacular, anyways. All I'm using is a tube amp and a PC mic, which is turning out surprisingly great.
I am just getting into doing Opeth style vocals. I can't really do cleans, but I am getting pretty good at the growls. If you're interested, sign me up for vocals.

Also, I can play guitar, although I'm not perfect at a lot of the folk sounding stuff Opeth plays.

Edit: Also, Opeth =

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I am just getting into doing Opeth style vocals. I can't really do cleans, but I am getting pretty good at the growls. If you're interested, sign me up for vocals.

Also, I can play guitar, although I'm not perfect at a lot of the folk sounding stuff Opeth plays.

Edit: Also, Opeth =

Okay, your in. I'm pretty good at cleans, so I can probably help out there.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Okay, your in. I'm pretty good at cleans, so I can probably help out there.

Sweet man. This should be awesome.

Also, if we are going to do a cover or two to get started, I'd like to throw my vote in for either Demon of the Fall, or Heir Apparent. Maybe The Lotus Eater, but there are a lot of clean vocals in that one.

I P R O G

Quote by MetalGS3SE
Sweet man. This should be awesome.

Also, if we are going to do a cover or two to get started, I'd like to throw my vote in for either Demon of the Fall, or Heir Apparent. Maybe The Lotus Eater, but there are a lot of clean vocals in that one.

Lotus Eater would be a good one. I've been practicing that one on guitar and I can do the cleans, but we'll see. Demon Of The Fall is a good choice, too. Heir Apparent is great, but that solo is pretty crazy, lol. the Leper Affinity is a great one and Godhead's Lament would also be a killer cover song.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Lotus Eater would be a good one. I've been practicing that one on guitar and I can do the cleans, but we'll see. Demon Of The Fall is a good choice, too. Heir Apparent is great, but that solo is pretty crazy, lol. the Leper Affinity is a great one and Godhead's Lament would also be a killer cover song.

I know a bit of Heir Apparent and Demon of the Fall on guitar, but I haven't tried Lotus Eater. Actually, I was getting on here to get the Lotus Eater tab when I saw this thread. There are a couple of parts of the Lotus Eater vocals I'll have to work on because Mikael seems to have limitless lung capacity .

Once we get all the members we can decide on a cover.

Edit: If you want, I can play rhythm guitar as well, unless you want to do both parts yourself.

I P R O G

Quote by MetalGS3SE
I know a bit of Heir Apparent and Demon of the Fall on guitar, but I haven't tried Lotus Eater. Actually, I was getting on here to get the Lotus Eater tab when I saw this thread. There are a couple of parts of the Lotus Eater vocals I'll have to work on because Mikael seems to have limitless lung capacity .

Once we get all the members we can decide on a cover.

Edit: If you want, I can play rhythm guitar as well, unless you want to do both parts yourself.

Sounds good, bro. Let me know if you have anyone on your friends list who might be interested in helping out.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Sounds good, bro. Let me know if you have anyone on your friends list who might be interested in helping out.

I'll look around. Drummers are a bit hard to come by, but I may be able to find a bassist.

I P R O G

Quote by blood8815
I can be a bassist or 2nd guitar

We could definitely use you as a bassist.
Quote by heavyprog
I'd also be happy to fill the bass position.

If you are more committed to bass, then we could put you on bass and blood on 2nd guitar.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
If you are more committed to bass, then we could put you on bass and blood on 2nd guitar.

Or have 2 bassists
Quote by blood8815
Or have 2 bassists

Haha! Would you mind being on 2nd guitar?
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Haha! Would you mind being on 2nd guitar?

I dont mind being 2nd but, 2 bassists would be progressive
Quote by blood8815
I dont mind being 2nd but, 2 bassists would be progressive

If someone else shows up for guitar, then we could consider that. As a matter of fact, what would you rather do? What do you consider yourself best at?
Last edited by Riffomatic_5000 at Aug 6, 2008,
Well, could it vary song to song, 'cause I'm also starting to play guitar. Mind you, it's been less than a month so, my skills are pretty lacking. But it's an option.
Ehhhhhh.... i play drums and frickin love Opeth :P

but atm, im trying to get some stuff sold on ebay to get money for my mics. I have a 32 track mixer here but i just lack the mics :P asides from that Id love to do it. But i cant go as fast as Lopez or Axe on double kicks cus well... i've only been playing on them for about 5 months and that sorta thing takes quite a while! I also play guitar in a very opeth influenced style which i can record no problem! I only have an sm57 for the amp though! I was planning on getting more mics for recording it with :P And i also have been singing clean an death metal growling for about a year and a half. Cleans are goodish when i dont have the cold :P And growls are getting there i suppose! But again, i'd prefer to have the mics i plan to order to record vocals.

I realise this reply is really long now
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
Ehhhhhh.... i play drums and frickin love Opeth :P

but atm, im trying to get some stuff sold on ebay to get money for my mics. I have a 32 track mixer here but i just lack the mics :P asides from that Id love to do it. But i cant go as fast as Lopez or Axe on double kicks cus well... i've only been playing on them for about 5 months and that sorta thing takes quite a while! I also play guitar in a very opeth influenced style which i can record no problem! I only have an sm57 for the amp though! I was planning on getting more mics for recording it with :P And i also have been singing clean an death metal growling for about a year and a half. Cleans are goodish when i dont have the cold :P And growls are getting there i suppose! But again, i'd prefer to have the mics i plan to order to record vocals.

I realise this reply is really long now

I can't complain about your recording equipment because all I have at the moment is a PC mic feeding through Garageband, lol. I'm wanting to get better equipment for my birthday, but right now I can't afford it. As long as you can get a understandable recording without any feedbackor any crap like that, then I'm more than satisfied. Once again, I'm not asking for state of the art recording equipment, lol.

Oh, yea. The assignments I've given everyone in the band is just a blueprint for who I MIGHT really ask to join in. I'll send you a PM when I've decided about your role in the band.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
I can't complain about your recording equipment because all I have at the moment is a PC mic feeding through Garageband, lol. I'm wanting to get better equipment for my birthday, but right now I can't afford it. As long as you can get a understandable recording without any feedbackor any crap like that, then I'm more than satisfied. Once again, I'm not asking for state of the art recording equipment, lol.

Oh, yea. The assignments I've given everyone in the band is just a blueprint for who I MIGHT really ask to join in. I'll send you a PM when I've decided about your role in the band.

I'm with you on the equipment, since that's what I use as well. My house was broken into a few months back and most of my equipment was stolen.

I P R O G

yo what does an online band involve? im a nasty rhythm player (cant sweep and stuff for lead =() and does age matter cuz im only 14

i use gearbox and audacity to record if that matters
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
If someone else shows up for guitar, then we could consider that. As a matter of fact, what would you rather do? What do you consider yourself best at?

Guitar, and we should start doing **** to get started
Quote by blood8815
Guitar, and we should start doing **** to get started

I'm still trying to get members at the moment and their are several people asking for bass and 2nd guitar positions, so I've got to decide. I'll send those who I can use a notification.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
I'm still trying to get members at the moment and their are several people asking for bass and 2nd guitar positions, so I've got to decide. I'll send those who I can use a notification.

Sounds good. Have you decided on maybe what song to cover first?

I P R O G

Quote by MetalGS3SE
Sounds good. Have you decided on maybe what song to cover first?

I think Godhead's Lament would be a pretty good one, but I need to talk to the drummer first and make sure he can play the song. If you've got an suggestions, please notify me by PM or whatever and we can get them worked out.
I'm good with Godhead's Lament. I've never tried it on guitar, but the vocals don't sound too challenging.

I P R O G

Quote by MetalGS3SE
I'm good with Godhead's Lament. I've never tried it on guitar, but the vocals don't sound too challenging.

Sweet. Now we just need to get everyone to agree on it, lol. I'm still trying to get in touch with the drummer and the bassist. As a reminder, everyone keep an eye your PM's because I'm going to be PMing those who I'm going to use.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Sweet. Now we just need to get everyone to agree on it, lol. I'm still trying to get in touch with the drummer and the bassist. As a reminder, everyone keep an eye your PM's because I'm going to be PMing those who I'm going to use.

Sounds good
See i can do everything with my hands no problem! Its just them damn doubles. Like at the start of Godheads lament :P Just thought id through the drums out there cus i know how bloody hard it is to find one! And even further still one who likes the style of music your trying to play
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
See i can do everything with my hands no problem! Its just them damn doubles. Like at the start of Godheads lament :P Just thought id through the drums out there cus i know how bloody hard it is to find one! And even further still one who likes the style of music your trying to play

Well, we certainly can't get anything started until we can get a drummer, lol. Thanks for the offer and I'm sure your a great drummer, but there is so much fast double bass songs in Opeth that we'd probably have to cover songs off of Damnation, lol. Double bass drummers are still a rare find. We're just going to have to wait to start this project until we get a drummer or until you get the fast double bass parts down. Seeing how long we might have to wait to hear from a drummer that can play super fast double bass, we'll probably just wait for you to learn the songs, lol. It probably wouldn't take too long if you practiced the songs maybe an hour or so a day. I have faith in ya!
Last edited by Riffomatic_5000 at Aug 7, 2008,
Too bad I don't have a drum set, or I could play drums as well.

And to Mr. Loomis, practice makes perfect

I P R O G

Quote by blood8815
Godhead's Lament is simple, who would playing lead and acoustic?

I would be playing the lead, but the acoustics would have to be clean guitar if I played them because I don't have an acoustic set up for recording.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
I would be playing the lead, but the acoustics would have to be clean guitar if I played them because I don't have an acoustic set up for recording.

I have an acoustic
Quote by blood8815
I have an acoustic

Then we can use you on acoustic then. That is if we ever get the drumming situation worked out, lol.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Then we can use you on acoustic then. That is if we ever get the drumming situation worked out, lol.

I wanna play teh br00telz too
Quote by blood8815
I wanna play teh br00telz too

Haha! Who doesn't?! We can probably fit you in on some Rhythm, too.