Hello UG community.

I have been a guitar player for about 3 years, but haven't played in more then a year now.

As I'm having more free time than ever ( No school for a year ), I thought about starting to play again.

I own an Ibanez, that I bought used for 250$, and a 15w Marshall.

Though I like my Ibanez, I saved myself enough money to get me some new gear and a pedal.

So my question is, with a 900$ budget, considering I will be playing mostly metal, what should I get as guitar and pedal ?

I don't want one of these huge pedal things with like 500 different sounds, I just want a good distortion and a few psychedelic sounds.

I never really posted here, but I thought this would be the best place to get suggestion from experienced players.

Oh and btw, 900$ is my MAXIMUM budget, anything from 400$ to 700$ for both guitar and pedal would be perfect.

Thanks for reading me, and thanks for your time.
No. You got it wrong. You need an amp. A TUBE amp.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Um for guitars you could look into like B.C. Rich or Jackson.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
dont spend all your money on a guitar.

split it. half guitar, half amp.

you dont need a tube amp but make sure you look at Roland cube and Randall amps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Allright I'll look up for a new amp since everyone seems to hate my marshall.

Oh and I'm really looking forward into getting a nice pedal, any suggestions ?
you wont need one with a better amp.

you can buy a footpedal to swtich amp channels if you want something to step on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Drmmrboi180
Um for guitars you could look into like B.C. Rich or Jackson.

Good guitars, and I'm not sure it would make a huge difference, but they aren't normally played by metalheads. I would go for a shecter. It has the best metal sound out of my 5 guitars.

But, like others have said, the amp is the thing. Amps have different effects as well. The better the amp, the more capabilities it is going to have. Some have more distortion capabilities, some clean, there's an amp for all likings!
Well thanks for the answers, really appreciate it.

Got me a few ideas, leaving for the store tomorrow morning
Honestly man I play metal and have the vox valvetronix XL amp. I love it its 30 watts very loud, good amp types for metal, decent clean tone, and killer effects. I use it with my B.C Rich Platinum Virgin and its killer.