im looking for a new decent pair of studio headphones. i need brilliant bass and lots of volume

any ideas?

budget is 100 pounds max. i really dont want to do a ton on a pair of headphones, so some high quality cans for less than that would be nice.

cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
skullcandy does a pretty good job at makin sum killer headphones, if your wantin bass those stay away from the skullcandy earbuds or any type of earbuds for that matter.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
skullcandy does a pretty good job at makin sum killer headphones, if your wantin bass those stay away from the skullcandy earbuds or any type of earbuds for that matter.

You really haven't tried many high-quality ear-buds then have you?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by BiOhAZarD722

Skullcandys wont do you good for studio headphones.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
I have the Skullcandy lowriders and my brother has some skullcandy hesh's. Both sound beautiful. Both are well under 100 pounds. The hesh's cost 50 USD and the lowriders cost 30 USD.

Quote by XxGloriousxX
i was flirting with this chick; tickling her and stuff. and she started tickling me, but i had taco bell the night before. so when she poked my side i let out this MONSTER of a fart and im sure it smell bad too.

i was thinking maybe skullcandy heshs, but im not sure. they seem a bit gimmicky. i need them to be good because i want to use them for recording.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by FunkasPuck
100 pounds max.

100 pounds?! Won't that hurt your neck?
doin for tha lulz, I'm not that much of a currency n00b
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Skullcandys wont do you good for studio headphones.

i dont think he said anything about studio headphones, and for whoevr said sumthin bout earbuds yes i have tried out high quality earbuds and they sound pretty good but i would much much rather wear some regular headphones if im lookin for bass.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
if you want studio headphones that are balanced and true to the music, for the love of god dont get skullcandys. the ones ive tried are bass monsters. they also sound very muddy. complete ripoffs

if you want good studio grade headphones with good bass look at the sennheiser hd580. they are discontinued so that they are cheaper than in production headphones of the same quality but they may be hard to find. the hd600 and hd650 are the current production equivalents. sennheiser doesnt make much else other than those thats so great though.

the grados are definitely good but they arent particularly neutral for studio applications. the sr60 is almost as good for less as well. personally i would chose the equivalent priced grados over sennheisers anyday.

There are plenty more good studio headphones at the price if lots of bass isnt that important to you. the akg k501 is a good example. i have them and they have the best/equal to the best clarity, soundstage and detail of anything twice to three times their price. what you loose out on with them is bass. they dont have much. its good but not much. they are also discontinued which makes them cheap.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Aug 5, 2008,
Just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in the other headphones thread that is currently on the second page of the pit.

Sennheiser HD280 Pro. Runs about $100 USD.
Anything by Grados, Sennheiser, Shure. Avoid Sony, Skullcandy, and Bose.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha