Where can i get a stratocaster that looks just like this strat(click) but much MUCH cheaper?

also would buying a cheap black strat with a different neck and then buying a maple neck be cheap?
I play guitar.
Buy an American Strat and put Vintage Noiseless pickups in it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by kingblud
LOOKS like it? a regular Fender standard strat (MIM Mexican made) will look exactly like it. sounding like it etc is different, but it's only $400

plus they come with Maple necks if you order them that way, no need to reinvent the wheel

Better yet, get the Classic Series 50's Strat. 8 hole pickguard, old spaghetti logo, V-shaped neck; looks exactly like it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Aug 5, 2008,
Well either save up to get the MIM for $400. Or perhaps get a used black MIM strat with a maple fretboard. If you don't want to wait. Then you'll have to look at some squires.

(Invalid img)
All clapton guitars come with a "soft V" neck contour, you are going to have to get a cheap neck and shave it down, or custom order a V cont neck.

Oh, get a squier and sand the logo off, add fender logo, and voila. A fender lookalike.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by FloyDZeD
Buy an American Strat and put Vintage Noiseless pickups in it.

winner
Quote by Ghold125
winner

He can't even afford an MIM.

loser
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
you might have to look into some squires.
because most fenders are above $400
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
^no, but if you dont want to spend 400 or more, thats what you will have to happy with.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by FloyDZeD
Better yet, get the Classic Series 50's Strat. 8 hole pickguard, old spaghetti logo, V-shaped neck; looks exactly like it.

See, this is the best idea. And I was gonna say it! *gives evils*

But you'd better be off with this, it has the 1 ply pickguard aswell. Maybe you could change the plastic hardware, to make it look new, but that doesn't cost anything really, £20 at most for legit Fender parts.
Cam Sampbell's my hero