I have an acoustic and i want to upgrade, anyone know if guitar center accepts trade-ins and if they give you decent money for your gear?
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
they take trades but give you close to nothing for it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by zipppy2006
I have an acoustic and i want to upgrade, anyone know if guitar center accepts trade-ins and if they give you decent money for your gear?

They do trade-ins. You are only gonna get around half of the original price... if you're lucky!
Quote by mikeyElite
they take trades but give you close to nothing for it.

What he said.
I took in a Washburn X25 I paid 160 for, they offered me 40. Not joking, 40. I took it though because I used it towards my first drum kit, but that goes to show how cheap they are. I know it's a business, but still, consider selling it other ways first if you can, good luck!
bummerskies that's what I figured, I thought maybe if it was a trade-in (you are BUYING their ****), they would give you a fair price.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Quote by zipppy2006
bummerskies that's what I figured, I thought maybe if it was a trade-in (you are BUYING their ****), they would give you a fair price.

they give you more if you take store credit but not much, maybe 20 extra.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I wouldn't be suprised if they tried to sell it back to you for 20 bucks more then you just sold it for. Definitely try craigslist/local sale/ebay? for a more expensive item probably
These places have to make a profit off stuff people hand in, so you get nothing for it!