well i decided that is was time for my ghetto traynor practice amp to go. so i have been looking for a tube amp between 112 and 150 watts. also in the price range of 400 to 500 bucks...anyone?....anyone?.....bueller?
150 watts? Holy balls. I have a Peavey Classic 30, and 30 watts is enough to shatter my glass house!
you do not need 150 watts .....ever!
you might use 75 watts max and thats stretching it a lot.
i would get a valveking, they are very versatile and can get from high distortion to cleans.
Quote by Mecler
Classic 30 is intense. I'm trying to get my hands on one.

It sure is nice. I don't know why people say it isn't great for metal, any pedal can fix that. Perfect for that bluesy tone as well, without the need for a pedal.
Quote by caskettheclown
you do not need 150 watts .....ever!
you might use 75 watts max and thats stretching it a lot.
i would get a valveking, they are very versatile and can get from high distortion to cleans.

what if you want to kill a whale?
but i do think he can do better then a valveking
well ive seen 400 watt amps and have thought about killing rosie odonell with it.
did you **** a whale and get herpes or somthing?
I have a 100w Bandit, and with the volume set at 4 on the gain channel, its enough to rattle the windows.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
I think the TS is confusing 2 things: Wattage and speaker numbering.
TS: if you see an amp with a 112 label on it, then it means that amp has 1x a 12inch speaker in it.
212 amps have 2x a 12inch speaker
412 amps have 4x a 12inch speaker

etc

So what you might be looking for is a 112 or 212 amp, 30-60 Watts maximum.
Before we can help you, we should know which kinds of music you want to play.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i played a classic 30 and loved it but is the valveking better? oh and i hate whales and i gig so i do need wattage im thinking 112 watts anyway
valveking 112 vs classic 30
The ValveKing 112 is NOT 112 watts. 112 means that it has one 12 inch speaker.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
The ValveKing 112 is NOT 112 watts. 112 means that it has one 12 inch speaker.

ok alright but which one is better
Tube amps, you can settle with about 50, and still be happy with it.
You dont need 150.

Get the Valveking 112. Its awesome, works for everything.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
hes not going to play 'Bodom with a Classic 30. and if you think he can, your sadly mistaken.

He'd have a better chance at getting that sound with a valveking, i personally think you should get the XXX. Way more gain than both, yet still maintaining varsatility
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I got a XXX head for $475 on craigslist a while back. A super deal, not sure if you could find it for that price again, but it's possible if you're patient.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Wow, thats a steal. Lucky bastard. By patient I think you mean no real intentions of getting an amp. Lets face it you got lucky, you hit the jackpot. Doesn't mean we should all go buy lotto tickets.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!