Got my Gibson Explorer two weeks ago but I've been out of town off and on and haven't had many chances to play it. When I first played it at the store (Through a Switchblade, sweet amp. Anyone want to say Alex Lifeson?) It buzzed on almost every fret. Had the salesman adjust it. I though the action was a little high. When I got it home I lowered the bridge quite a bit. It plays nearly perfectly now. Check it out along with my LP:

http://community.webshots.com/album/565077783JzzbJp?vhost=community

I'm sorry for the MG. Got it when I didn't have much amp knowledge. I have a Classic 30 now and a BBE Sonic Maximizer is in the MG's effects loop. With the Sonic Maximizer I can really get a great high gain tone and good cleans. Without it, the amp sounds horrible.

(It does look good between those two guitars though.)
Last edited by deleriumtrigger at Aug 6, 2008,
hmm usualy people end with a question or something on these lol but im glad your happy

By the way thats a damn nice looking gat
Can I get a hell yeah?!?! That things a beauty. I think my next guitar is gonna be an Explorer. Is there a whole lot difference in feel neck wise between Les Paul and Explorer?
Quote by Jayok
Can I get a hell yeah?!?! That things a beauty. I think my next guitar is gonna be an Explorer. Is there a whole lot difference in feel neck wise between Les Paul and Explorer?

Its a bit thinner. The explorer neck is a hybrid between the 50's and the 60's slim taper neck. I don't know which I prefer.
Quote by deleriumtrigger
Got my Gibson Explorer two weeks ago but I've been out of town off and on and haven't had many chances to play it. When I first played it at the store (Through a Switchblade, sweet amp. Anyone want to say Alex Lifeson?) It buzzed on almost every fret. Had the salesman adjust it. I though the action was a little high. When I got it home I lowered the bridge quite a bit. It plays nearly perfectly now. Check it out along with my LP:

http://community.webshots.com/album/565077783JzzbJp?vhost=community

I'm sorry for the MG. Got it when I didn't have much amp knowledge. I have a Classic 30 now and a BBE Sonic Maximizer is in the MG's effects loop. With the Sonic Maximizer I can really get a great high gain tone and good cleans. Without it, the amp sounds horrible.

(It does look good between those two guitars though.)

yea i like claudio too.
Quote by low-fidelity
yea i like claudio too.

Lol, actually it wasn't him who originally made me love this guitar. When I was like 6, my cousin showed me a video of Metallica and James was playing an explorer (albeit ESP). I fantasised about owning one. When I say Coheed's Live at the Starland Ballroom I knew I needed to get one.
Quote by deleriumtrigger
Lol, actually it wasn't him who originally made me love this guitar. When I was like 6, my cousin showed me a video of Metallica and James was playing an explorer (albeit ESP). I fantasised about owning one. When I say Coheed's Live at the Starland Ballroom I knew I needed to get one.

I was trying to think of something to say on how much you will love that guitar. But I will let it speak for me.

I played one at a local guitar shop. It made me shed a single tear.

Unfortunatly my wallet made me cry many more.
Quote by low-fidelity
I was trying to think of something to say on how much you will love that guitar. But I will let it speak for me.

I played one at a local guitar shop. It made me shed a single tear.

Unfortunatly my wallet made me cry many more.

Lol. Anyone got any pickup reccomendations for this beast? This guitar will play mostly hard rock (Iron Maiden, Coheed, Incubus, ect)
I never new there were so many coheed fans on UG!
I love Coheed, and always have wanted an explorer, I just wish they were left handed, not ready to drop over $5000 on a custom quite yet
Quote by Enemy.ofkhanate
I never new there were so many coheed fans on UG!
I love Coheed, and always have wanted an explorer, I just wish they were left handed, not ready to drop over $5000 on a custom quite yet

Are they really $5000? Jesus. Im so sorry, my friend.
Quote by deleriumtrigger
Lol. Anyone got any pickup reccomendations for this beast? This guitar will play mostly hard rock (Iron Maiden, Coheed, Incubus, ect)

Maybe a Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro? Just a suggestion, its a common pickup combination.

Some Seymour Duncan pickups would probably work really well but my knowledge of them is vague

If you wanted the boutique route, Bareknuckle pickups, they truly are amazing. Expensive, but damn good.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by LK_revival
sweet!If I were to get a Explorer I think I'd choose white also.

I admit, when I saw it in it's white case for the first time I jizzed myself a little.

Btw, what do bareknuckle pickups sound like? High output, buzzsaw-like, what?
Quote by deleriumtrigger
Btw, what do bareknuckle pickups sound like? High output, buzzsaw-like, what?

They do about 33 different kinds of pickups, everything from low output single coils and P-90s to high output screaming metal humbuckers.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Where do I sell my soul to get one of these, a hot girl and a kick-arse band?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666

Good luck on that one; people have been trying to figure that out for years.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by shadow__666

There's actually a bottomless pit in my basement I threw my application letter in. Although the hot girl and kick-arse band are extra, I got a response the next day! THANK YOU SATAN!!!