Poll: Is it ok to murder people for religion beliefs ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it ok to murder people for religion beliefs ?
Yes,if the crime is indeed against the churches way
0 0%
No, murder is murder and it's not ok for whatever reasons.
29 94%
I really don't have an opinion on the issue.
2 6%
Voters: 31.
I believe everybody is aware of the fact that women regardless of age are getting murdered by their own family for "dishonoring" their pride.
Reasons can be adultery, homosexualism, falling in love with someone the family hasn't approved of or even the smallest things the family finds dishonoring.

We've all heard the story of the 17 year old girl who was murdered with a shoe lace and the order for the "hit" was given by her own goddamn father.
Well, in Europe, subtlety is an issue since not everybody agrees with them but what happens in the middle east ? A woman sneazed and accidentally removed her veil, she got executed by a police officer right there in the middle of the street, some gay people are getting hanged and/or tortured for not having the same views with the rest of the people..

I don't know, this all sounds strange to me, the desire for murder is a mental sickness especially when it's caused by members of your family for the stupidest reasons.

What do you think about these issues ?
Does religion really stand in the way or do people have strange cravings for murder and get sick pleasure out of it ?

EDIT : here is a link with a report on the girl who got killed by her father for dishonoring her family.. It's a case discussed a lot.

Note : Viewer discretion is advised.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtRVugNjcY
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 6, 2008,

Um... Yeah, anyway...

What are we supposed to think about these issues? It's just wrong. I'm sure religion plays a roll in it somewhere, but most of it is more then likely families refusing to leave their ancient cultures behind (or something...)
Which social groups are the ones doing these things? Obviously it's not just the Muslims, but who else?
A U S S I E
Quote by Jcore44
Which social groups are the ones doing these things? Obviously it's not just the Muslims, but who else?

Actually,
it might just be muslims!

At least,
that's the majority
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by The_Paranoia
Um... Yeah, anyway...

What are we supposed to think about these issues? It's just wrong. I'm sure religion plays a roll in it somewhere, but most of it is more then likely families refusing to leave their ancient cultures behind (or something...)

Well, what if you found a girlfriend you love but it's against your family wishes, they want you to marry someone they provide, you say no and they murder you by stoning, torture or public hanging..
You think it'd be right ? for cultural/religion/honor reasons ?

I don't know, this is way too messed up, those people (referring to the murderers and not the religion) have skewed logic which I don't understand,that's why I opened this subject so that we can discuss.
Quote by Jcore44

The girl on TS's video, her father was Iraqi, so I'll assume that she is part Muslim. She could not be.

Quote by Necrolust
Well, what if you found a girlfriend you love but it's against your family wishes, they want you to marry someone they provide, you say no and they murder you by stoning, torture or public hanging..
You think it'd be right ? for cultural/religion/honor reasons ?

I don't know, this is way too messed up, those people (referring to the murderers and not the religion) have skewed logic which I don't understand,that's why I opened this subject so that we can discuss.

I said that I don't think its right. What person in their right mind would have their own daughter killed because she loves someone?
wow, the pit agrees on something for once

Murder is murder and nobody should get away with it.
Quote by Stratocaster88
wow, the pit agrees on something for once

Murder is murder and nobody should get away with it.

That's because rape and murder is our job.

I'll stop....
In my opinion the honor in a family is to love each other and protect the members, not brutally murdering them.

I saw another video about a girl who bought a pair of jeans...She was murdered by the state in a public stoning and kicking to death.. Her father loved her much, he was borrowing money in order to purchase some things for her daughter and the sick mother****ers killed her for wearing a pair of jeans.. Where is the goddamn honor ??

Sorry about getting pissed off but damn, those people are idiots..
It's murder. Plain and simple. Murder is wrong, end of.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, murder is murder but people are going to anyways. You just need to protect yourself. For those who go buy a certain code of honor, that might mean expanding their honor. I was rasided as a traditional russian boy, so all I protect is my family.

I have brutally beaten, threatened, and nerarly killed people who have messed with my family. I wish I hadent, but I didnt chose this life, and there is almost no way out now that I have made those choices. Sure i gusse I am kind of a powerful guy, but i dont want to be. I know that one day I will end up in prison, and maybe even be killed one day.

I may be a part of the russian crime scene, but when i say this i mean it with all my heart

Being a criminal evetually= epic fail