I'm gonna get my fist pedal it's a multi effect pedal, what I want to know is if I put it between the guitar and the amp or put in in the thing that says send return
I wouldn't recommend a multi-effects pedal. They generally sound horrible.

But to answer your question you would put it between your guitar and amp - if you put it in your effects loop and use distortions/overdrives it will sound terrible!
It should look like this:

Guitar ----> Multi- fx pedal -----> Amp

Provided your amp doesn't have an effects loop. If it does, you might want to experiment by putting it in there as well... plug the "send" into the input of the multi- fx, and the "return" into the output. The first method's much more conventional, though.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I wouldn't recommend a multi-effects pedal. They generally sound horrible.

not if you get a good one

but if you want to use the models and all, put it in front of the amp. But if you want just effects put in effects loops. <---most of the time
Quote by Ghold125
not if you get a good one

Haha "good multi-effects" is an oxymoron. A good multi-effects pedal is very hard to come by.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Haha "good multi-effects" is an oxymoron. A good multi-effects pedal is very hard to come by.

If your a beginner or intermediate player you won't notice...
It may be good for you to get a multi-effects so you can experiment and try out everything.
You can figure which effects you need the most and buy the "real" versions of them
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
Quote by Xaveir
If your a beginner or intermediate player you won't notice...
It may be good for you to get a multi-effects so you can experiment and try out everything.
You can figure which effects you need the most and buy the "real" versions of them

Good point... I often forget about the early days when you are oblivious to tone and you are just looking for something to experiment with and get different sounds.
be careful with the multi effects pedal if you are playing in a group.
its very easy to overpower everything with an overly elaborate tone.
Quote by drumboy410
be careful with the multi effects pedal if you are playing in a group.
its very easy to overpower everything with an overly elaborate tone.

By "elaborate", do you mean overprocessed? Or do you just have no idea what you're talking about?
Quote by drumboy410
yeah overprocessed, same idea

That's just bad tone in general... it's going to suck in any situation.
No he meant like if you playing in a band and the drums sound like drums, the bass sounds like a bass and you sound like an aeroplane taking off underwater backwards repeating itself its gonna sound weird.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
No he meant like if you playing in a band and the drums sound like drums, the bass sounds like a bass and you sound like an aeroplane taking off underwater backwards repeating itself its gonna sound weird.

Gotcha... my band had that problem. Drums? Good. Bass? Good. Rhythm guitar? Good. Lead guitar? A hoarde of marmosets pillaging a banana plantation.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Gotcha... my band had that problem. Drums? Good. Bass? Good. Rhythm guitar? Good. Lead guitar? A hoarde of marmosets pillaging a banana plantation.

haha
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
marmosets can be cool
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20