I really want one of those Agile guitars, probably the Al-3000. But I live in Canada, and since they ship with FedEx, I'm thinking I'd get charged a few millions dollars in duties and customs.

So, anyone from Canada bought an Agile guitar? If so, how much was the duties/customs charges? Is the price you pay on the checkout page the full price? Or are there additional charges once the guitar's delivered at your door?

(I know there's an official Agile thread, and I'm not looking at opinions or advice on which guitar to get. I know what I want, I just need to know if there are additional charges upon delivery).
I don't know about FedEx but UPS once charged me $40 in "brokerage fees" on top of the $20 in duties for a $110 mandolin I got on Ebay. Your best bet would be to call up FedEx and ask them.

EDIT: The $60 I had to pay UPS was at the door and caught me by surprise, I assume FedEx is the same crap.
Last edited by pwrmax at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by pwrmax
Found it!!! FedEx doesn't rob people as badly as UPS, apparently. http://www.stokecity.ca/FTN-FXG%20Brokerage%20Schedule%2003-01-04%20English%20Version.pdf

If that's the real cost of fees, that ain't too bad. or I may just end up getting the al-2000, it seems like more of a deal after factoring in duties and brokerage, compared to the al-3000.

I'll contact Kurt who works for Rondomusic, to see if he knows anything.

thanks guys
i don't think that price includes the "border fees"
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
i don't think that price includes the "border fees"

The only additional fees will be the actual sales tax. That's not too bad since in Alberta it's only 5%
I ordered my AL-2000 through their ebay store and the shipping cost was about $75 (this included border fees and stuff so I didn't have to pay anything else when it got delivered) I'm not sure about ordering directly from their site though.

btw, I live in Nova Scotia.
Yea, a fellow Edmontonian! I ordered the AG-3500 green baritone guitar, which came in about 2 or 3 days. I don't think the wife said she had to pay anything when it was delivered. Then i ordered 3 more (after getting the AG-3500 and being very happy with the quality and price), 2 AL-3000's (black and natural spalted) and an AG-3000 in blue. I think the misses said she had to pay about $60 when that arrived. and again that came in about 3 days. I did pay for the most expensive shipping option though, so I think that with it being in FedEx's hands via plane, there won't be any brokerage fees, or duties, just the GST.

P.S. check out my Agiles in my profile photos section.
The exorbitant brokerage fees are property of the cheapest, Ground service for both FedEX and UPS. If you ship express, you shouldn't pay anything more than the local tax.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Exactly. You pay an initial higher shipping cost to get it flown through, receive it faster and skip additional fees, except GST, and PST where applicable.
I was going to buy a 3000, but then i did the math, and said screw it, it was too much, so i decided on a 2000, but i fund a tokai near my house so i bought it. BUT my friend bought from musicians friend, and he payed shipping and customs from UPS. So if i were you, use the shipping calculator at rondo, like type in your postal code, and then on top of that add like 60 dollars of customs, or like 40 dollars min...........wait you're in edmonton so i dont know how much it would be, im in toronto and it was like 60 bucks up front at the door, the dude caught us by surprise. But i think FedEx is a bit cheaper, cause UPS likes putting their hands in your wallet.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I was thinking of possibly buying one and was wondering about that aswell. I think the odds are that I'll just buy an Epiphone in a local guitar shop.
..get the Agile, so worth it, even if it's $500 for shipping, it'll be worth it lol.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Bling Dogg
I really want one of those Agile guitars, probably the Al-3000. But I live in Canada, and since they ship with FedEx, I'm thinking I'd get charged a few millions dollars in duties and customs.

So, anyone from Canada bought an Agile guitar? If so, how much was the duties/customs charges? Is the price you pay on the checkout page the full price? Or are there additional charges once the guitar's delivered at your door?

(I know there's an official Agile thread, and I'm not looking at opinions or advice on which guitar to get. I know what I want, I just need to know if there are additional charges upon delivery).

i had a friend that just bought a SX bass from Rondo music, and he said after all the shipping and stuff the total came to like $200 or something like that, guitar and all, i cant remember the exact figure but i remember it was really reasonable. And it came from New York to Bowmanville, Ontario in 2 days.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
The price is indeed all inclusive, but if you have your doubts just e-mail them to clarify like I did. My Agile came across the border in perfect condition very quickly with no additional fees.
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.
I bought the AL-2500 in Wine Red a year back or so. The price on the website was $199, it ended up being about $319 when it arrived.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Last edited by Skar at Aug 7, 2008,