Husker Du, The Replacements, The Meat Puppets, The Minutemen, Big Black, Dinosaur Jr...

Such a plethora of amazing bands
The 80's itself was pretty awesome, especially in terms of media.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
the pixies, sonic youth, technically joy division, the killing joke, holy **** you are right
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Quote by Killer_bacon
the pixies, sonic youth, technically joy division, the killing joke, holy **** you are right

Aren't I always??
Well?

Quote by SlashYourFug
Definitely the best alternative rock, but it also brought hair metal around. *pukes*

Hair metal had some gems. Skid Row, some Scorpions, Ratt.
There were a lot of great scenes going on in the 80s, but 70s, 90s, and now also have some great stuff. The Pixies, Husker Du, Joy Division, Sonic Youth, Replacements, and Dinosaur Jr. are all some of my favorite bands.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by lp345
Husker Du, The Replacements, The Meat Puppets, The Minutemen, Big Black, Dinosaur Jr...

Such a plethora of amazing bands

Ahem, you forgot The Cure.

Anyway, the 80s are cool. I like alternative music from the 90s too though.
Quote by SlashYourFug
Definitely the best alternative rock, but it also brought hair metal around. *pukes*

yes but at the other end of the metal scene you had classic Thrash Metal bands being brought up in the underground... Death Angel, Exodus, Metallica, Flotsom and Jetsam, Forbidden, Evil Dead, Dark Angel, Sodom, Sadus, Kreator, Destruction, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Onslaught, Vio-Lence, Razor, Exhorder, Laaz Rockit... etc. etc. etc. ALL 80'S BANDS.
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.