so, ive always wanted a real gibson les paul, but havent ever had near that kind of cash. its looking like i might be having a more consistent job now,so im wondering, how much should i be expecting to pay on good deals for used les pauls (preferably a black one, and would have to have a thin neck.) right now i have an epiphone les paul, but its just not cutting it. i tried on guys i knws les paul classic and it had maybe the best feel of a guitar (neckwise) ive ever played.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

A used Standard would be around 2 grand and a used classic for about 1500$.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
A 60 reissue has a thin neck, so thats probably what you want. The 60s reissue standards start at about $1700 new, and the used could probably be around $1200, or even more depending on what year it's from.

I suggest checking your local craigslist for a used one.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
well, how much would like an ebony gibson classic go for on ebay? also, do regulare gibson les pauls have super lacquered necks, because that part of what i hate about my epi les paul.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
well, how much would like an ebony gibson classic go for on ebay? also, do regulare gibson les pauls have super lacquered necks, because that part of what i hate about my epi les paul.

It would be broken in if it's used, so don't worry about the neck.

And it would probably go from about $1000-$1300, depending on the condition of the guitar.

Anyway, have you even tried looking on eBay? That's probably your best source...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 6, 2008,
Gibsons uses a glossy nitro-based finish (on all of the body, neck included). It's a thinner finish that will wear away faster than the thick poly finishes of most other guitars. However while it is there, it will be even stickier than glossy poly finishes are. So it will probably be worse at first for you, but if you do use it for pretty much just a year or so, it'll go right down to an almost matte/satin finish. Keep in mind this also means the finish on the front of the body will dent and scratch more and faster too.

As far as prices go, it depends on the quality. A good quality used Gibson Standard or Classic (they're the same but with different stock pickups and a few finish colour options) in a solid plain finish (black, white, plain red, etc) will probably be 2/3 of the price of a brand new one. An average quality used one (probably with a fair few scratches, some gig wear, etc) will be another couple of hundred cheaper. You might be able to get one half the price of a new one if it's in real bad condition. It should still play fine, it just won't look that nice.

And good luck finding a black one. Most of the Standards and Classics made and sold are in the various burst finishes, chances of finding someone flogging off a black one is pretty slim, especially if you only want a better quality one or one within a certain price range.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
eBay can be a bit iffy because he won't know exactly what he's getting, if he goes with craigslist he always has the option of trying it before he buys it.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Slone
eBay can be a bit iffy because he won't know exactly what he's getting, if he goes with craigslist he always has the option of trying it before he buys it.

true
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS