i am looking for a bass amp that is 100 watts or more and is under 450 dollars. i was looking at the roland cube 100. but if there is any other good amps out on the market please let me know. i am in a 3 piece band and dont have to worry if there might be another guitarist cause if so that would be me.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Aug 7, 2008,
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Why, pray tell, are you looking for 100W? It's nowhere near giggable wattage and is a bit excessive for a practice amp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Why, pray tell, are you looking for 100W? It's nowhere near giggable wattage and is a bit excessive for a practice amp.

+1.
And not trying to hijack the thread but I'm thinking about getting an ashdown mag but I don't know wether to get the 210 or 115?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
the type of stuff im doing will only require a 100 watt amp for the settings ill be playing in. when i do need more wattage i will be able to afford it. if there is an amp with more than 100 watts than okay. ill edit.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
id say the range of wattages between 50w 200w is an awkward place.

Far to excessive for practice, but still not enough to rehearsals or gigs.

If your gonna spend that much on an amp, get at least 200w. That way your good for jams and you have a backline for your gigs.

I recommend the Kustom KBA 200w
The SWR LA series is actually quite good, in my opinion. I have an LA15, and it cost me $300 brand new. You might want to check it or the LA12 out.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by Wicked_Bassist7

If he plans on gigging, he will have problems. I play in a Four Piece Band, and back when we were a three piece, i had trouble cutting through. It distorts horribly once it starts to get loud.
My Gear:
Squire Vintage Jazz Bass
Hartke 2500 Head
Hartke VX410 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-LowDown-LD150-Combo-Bass-Amp-103666970-i1145776.gc

i was playing this amp the other day at guitar center it was really nice it had a built in tuner, and some good effects... i played the 300 watt model... so i dont know how loud the 150 watt would be comparedto the 300 watt
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
I've played that....it was horrible. Made some interesting noises, but nothing of use.
Nope, no sig here.