ok for the past couple of days my xbox keeps overheating, i let it cool down then i hook it back up after a couple of hours but then in a couple of hours it does it again, im not sure whats wrong but it sucks because you cant hook upo a intercooler because they make things worse. i really dont know what to do and i dont want to send it in for repairs cause i didnt have it for a while because i had to send it in for a different erro (not the red ring of death). any one have any ideas what i should do
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Don't use an intercooler, I think it voids your warranty. I think you just best hope it doesn't fail or make it fail and send it off to MS.

The reliability of the 360s sucks, thank Christ it has a great library of games
It's part of owning a 360, sorry to say. There isn't really much you can do about the overheating since it's a design flaw. Better just hope it shows you the RRoD and the one they send you in its place runs a little cooler. It's the luck of the draw...

If you really want to try and help it though, try setting it in a bucket of ice or something.
Quote by lp345
Don't use an intercooler, I think it voids your warranty. I think you just best hope it doesn't fail or just wait and send it off to MS.

The reliability of the 360s sucks, thank Christ it has a great library of games

yah i know the inercooler only voids the warrenty if it fuses to the 360, andit also enhances the odds of you getting the red rign of death, but i just dont want to send back to them again cause it takes so long ot get it back
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by happytimeharry
It's part of owning a 360, sorry to say. There isn't really much you can do about the overheating since it's a design flaw. Better just hope it shows you the RRoD and the one they send you in its place runs a little cooler. It's the luck of the draw...

If you really want to try and help it though, try setting it in a bucket of ice or something.

well its under warrenty so i can send it in for free thankfully but other than that i just dont want to wait
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
well its under warrenty so i can send it in for free thankfully but other than that i just dont want to wait

That's good that it's under warranty, but I'm afraid you'll probably just have to bite the bullet and send it in. Like I said, there just isn't really a whole lot you can do unless you want to install some after market cooling systems, thus voiding the warranty you have.
i'd say... maybe put a mini fan NEAR the back of it? not like an intercooler but a completely separate fan to keep it cool?

i don't have any problem with my 360 overheating so i'm really just taking stabs in the dark here...
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I keep a laptop cooler under my 360 and it never overheated to bad for me. I only had to send it in once and that was because the dvd drive died on me.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by happytimeharry
That's good that it's under warranty, but I'm afraid you'll probably just have to bite the bullet and send it in. Like I said, there just isn't really a whole lot you can do unless you want to install some after market cooling systems, thus voiding the warranty you have.

yah i guess im gonna have to since im not getting to play CoD4 with my friends and it sucks
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by IEatOrphans
Get a Wii.

i have one
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by bite_the_bullet
i'd say... maybe put a mini fan NEAR the back of it? not like an intercooler but a completely separate fan to keep it cool?

i don't have any problem with my 360 overheating so i'm really just taking stabs in the dark here...

i was thinking about that but i dont think i could set that up in my room since i cant have it next to my tv, and reading the customer support i also found ut you cant have it near amplifiers, guess they dont like us guitarists
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Yeah, one time, my friend's amp caught on fire. I wouldn't recommend putting it near a 360.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
My brother has his sitting (vertically) on a metal grate, with a fan blowing at it.
Before he did this, it was prone to overheating (old model) and it hasn't since.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by bite_the_bullet

That would work against the fans installed in the back and would probably push some of that heat back into the console.

Quote by MetalheadforJC
I keep a laptop cooler under my 360 and it never overheated to bad for me.

Hadn't thought of that. Thats' probably the safest way of doing it.

Quote by jthm_guitarist
My brother has his sitting (vertically) on a metal grate, with a fan blowing at it.
Before he did this, it was prone to overheating (old model) and it hasn't since.

And with that comes another problem. 360s standing vertical have a tendency of creating a nice circular scratch on your shiny new games.
Quote by happytimeharry
That would work against the fans installed in the back and would probably push some of that heat back into the console.

Hadn't thought of that. Thats' probably the safest way of doing it.

And with that comes another problem. 360s standing vertical have a tendency of creating a nice circular scratch on your shiny new games.

actually the support section on the microsft/360 site say to keep it vertical because setting on its side cause more overheating issues, just like the ps1 and the ps2
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
I used to always have problems with overheating when it was sitting horizontally, and I didn't want to stand it up vertically, cause that's how I lost my first two copies of Oblivion (thankfully I had the $3 game insurance), so now I leave it horizontal and every 45 minutes or so I put a freshly frozen bag of veggies under it.

Note: Peas and carrots work the best, IMO.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Quote by F8iscruel
actually the support section on the microsft/360 site say to keep it vertical because setting on its side cause more overheating issues, just like the ps1 and the ps2

Yeah it helps the heating issue somewhat, but like I said it can then scratch your discs. It's a lose-lose situation.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah it helps the heating issue somewhat, but like I said it can then scratch your discs. It's a lose-lose situation.

i guess im just lucky cause my games have yet to get scratched, ithink my xobx is confused it thinkes that it should over heat vertically but probally scratch horizontially, also for such a great system it doesnt really have a realiability to it does it.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by happytimeharry

My 360 f**cked up my Gears of War disc just before the last boss. Needless to say, I was pissed
I've always wanted a 360, but then there's that RRoD issue with it.
ALL of my friends own one, and ALL of them has experienced this more than once.
So yeah I'm gonna stay away from it and buy a PS3 when i have money.
Oh and ship it to Microsoft and wait it out.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by IEatOrphans
Then get a ****ing Nintendo 64!

i have one and a SNES, plus a DS, dont need a NES right now, trust me ive gota bunch of old school games but i want to play my 360
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724