Aug 6th

2007, Marilyn Manson was being sued by a former band member who said he was owed $20m (£9.8m) in shared profits. Stephen Bier, who played keyboards under the stage name Madonna Wayne Gacy, claimed he was not paid properly over a period of almost two decades. In legal papers filed in Los Angeles, Bier claimed Manson falsely told him the band was not making much money and used band money to buy a $2m (£980,000) home and collect Nazi memorabilia, including coat hangers used by Adolf Hitler.

1989, Adam Clayton of U2 was arrested in The Blue Light Inn car park in Dublin for marijuana possession and intent to supply the drug to another person. His conviction was waived in exchange for paying £25,000 to the Dublin Woman's Aid Centre.

1988, 'Appetite For Destruction' Guns N' Roses debut album went to No.1 in the US, after spending 57 weeks on the chart and selling over 5 million copies. Singles from the album, ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine,’ ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ and ‘Paradise City’ were all US top 10 hits.

1982, Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’ starring Bob Geldof opened in movie theatres in New York. The film was conceived alongside the double album by Pink Floyd’s, Roger Waters.

1977, The Police appeared at The Red Cow, Hammersmith Road in London, admission was 60p.

1965, The Beatles released their fifth album and soundtrack to their second film ‘Help!’ which included the title track, ‘The Night Before’, ‘You've Got to Hide Your Love Away’, ‘You're Going to Lose That Girl’, ‘Ticket to Ride’ and ‘Yesterday’.

More at http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
I love Help!. Great album. And Ticket to Ride is probably my favourite Beatles song
this day in music, deadeyedick nearly severed his penis by putting it between the strings and fretboard of his guitar in an attempt to make sweet sweet love to it. he had to detune to B-standard for better results.