Hi, I just got some schaller strap locks to go on my Ibanez RG.
One small problem though....
the screw that came with the straplocks is way too small for the hole on the bottom of the body
(the one in the horn fit just fine)

I was thinking about filing the head of the original screw down so that it would fit in the schaller strap button. Any one here have any better ideas????
Any way to do this without altering the original hardware?????
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!!
................l
..........).....l.....(
.......____l_____
................l
..........).....l.....(
................l
Cut a toothpick where it will fit in the hole, glue it in the whole, then screw into that, i had to do it on my Idol....a little ghetto, but hey whatever works...
i did what you did fileing down the screw that came with the guitar, i felt safer doing it that way because i know that that one actually fits
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Lol, I guess I'll just file down the original screw.
That whole toothpick thing doesn't seem very safe, if I even understood it correctly.
................l
..........).....l.....(
.......____l_____
................l
..........).....l.....(
................l
The same thing happened with my rg. I just used bigger screws from my friend's tele.
The safest route would be to buy a piece of dowl the size of the hole, cut off a small piece and glue it in the hole with titebond or something. This is actually stronger than the original joint, believe it or not.
The tooth pick thing is perfectly safe, it's been used for as long as there have been screws, same as the dowel idea.

The screw compresses everything as it goes in an makes a nice tight fit.
My shallers pulled right out of my guitar because of this same issue.....it has gone to a better place now, but honestly, I don't trust the toothpick thing either....... Wood filler?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.