Page 1 of 9
I cannot f*cking believe this.

You see, I'm enrolled this coming school year in college, at Ball state in Muncie, IN. I'm in my 2nd year of college, first year I stayed home and commuted to IUPUI. I earned a 3.8 gpa there both semesters, so as you can tell i do take my academics seriously.

Well anyways, a few days ago, I was caught by my parents smoking marijuana. They're the uber-christian conservative type so of course they flipped out. But, I had no idea they'd do this. They now refuse to cosign my student loan so I cant go to ball state this semester (All the aid I have is $5500 in stafford federal loans, but thats not enough). THey told me i have to go to iupui again this semester, which is bad enough because it doesnt even have my major (telecommunications, I just took care of core classes/electives last yr). Even worse, I explained to them that its more or less too late to enroll in most classes at IUPUI now because its so close to the beginning of the school year. So they pretty much tell me, "too bad". Not to mention I already signed the lease for an apartment in Muncie (they ignore this even tho I told them). They just havent signed the financial guarantor sheet (pretty much cosign). So I'm stuck with no school for now. Its horsesh*t when you handicap your sons future because he does something you dont agree to.

Anyone here know where I can go to find student loans with no cosigner needed?
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
Last edited by SSnake77 at Aug 6, 2008,
i feel bad for you. although i think drugs are bad i think your parents over-reacted.
i would punish you myself but def not hinder your future progression.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
If my parents did that I would never tell my kids about them. I hate it when parents over-react over something so small. Though drugs are bad...
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Hell, I would've been cool with them grounding me like not letting me go out for the rest of my time until I go off to school (even tho what I did was totally harmless), but this is just too drastic.
My Gear:

Dunlop Original Crybaby

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

Didn't David Letterman go to Ball State?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
first day you were supposed to go to school, go on a weed and coke binge.
That'll show them.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
ugh, i think your parents over reacted, maybe their just trying to "scare" you? but i don't see their logic in ruining your future over it :S.

rofl. could piss them off and become a scientologist.
drugs r bad, but its ur life. if ur doing good at college why should they care what u smoke? u could be doing alot worse.
Gear:

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DD-20 Delay

Line6 Pod X3
Your parents are dumbasses. That's got to be the stupidest punishment I've ever heard of.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i feel what your saying man, i live in indianapolis and i know how ball st is really know for their telecommunications. that is completely absurd though to take away ur future like that, i thought my parents were bad but damn that sucks big time. the only thing i can think of is maybe going to ivy tech for a year or something because then you can commute their and my buddy's neighbor just went today to schedule for classes. thats really the only thing i can think of, but anyways im sorry for what your parents did to you, i would be super pissed.
you're parents are ****ing stupid, they are going to **** up you future just because of some weed? selfish ****s (no offense, but i cant imagine any parents doing that to their kids so i'm just infuriated)

they could be bluffing ofc
Quote by IEatOrphans
Better yet, become a satanist and hold sacrificial rituals at your p[parents home when they're out.

That will show em'

Better idea: do it while they're home. When they confront you, tell them, "Well, if you hadn't stopped me from smoking weed, I would've been too high to even think about this. This is your fault, you're terrible parents."
Sounds like your parents need to start smoking weed.

"If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do."
Quote by civildp1
Didn't David Letterman go to Ball State?

ya hes from indiana and theres a new building at ball state for telecom that was named after him
as long as your permanent residence is under their roof, you are still in an undergraduate program, and you have no substantial income, at least not enough to support yourself without their aid, I believe they must cosign any loan that will be used for said undergraduate program.

That sucks though. In no way is that fair. If they really think compromising your future just so you learn your lesson about drugs or, even worse, disobeying them, is fitting, then I do not see how they can live with themselves.
Quote by TheHereAway
you're parents are ****ing stupid, they are going to **** up you future just because of some weed? selfish ****s (no offense, but i cant imagine any parents doing that to their kids so i'm just infuriated)

they could be bluffing ofc

Hey man, no offense taken at all, as those are my sentiments exactly.

BTW they are not bluffing
My Gear:

Dunlop Original Crybaby

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

well even though they may have overreacted, you still knew that there would be consequences for what you do. but even though you knew that, you still did it. thats just asking for trouble man.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
drugs are bad, but your parents are destroying your future. if they continue to refuse, get a job. any job. whatever happens to you is there fault.
Thats unbelievable...

Its mj not cocaine...not worth this kind of punishment holy crap.

Unfortunately the only way to get a student loan with no consigner needed is if you apply for financial assistance because you have no parents. Im sorry man, this is unbelievable...
Talk to the collage administration about different loans but..i really dont know.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
So their punishment for doing pot and potentially ruining your future is. . .

certainly ruining your future

B U L L S H I T
spend the next year becoming a rockstar!

or better yet, just blow all your moneys on, well blow!

that will show them, or get you an intervention.
Dude that sounds like something my parents would do. Parents can be harsh, tho I don't smoke pot. Im starting my freshman year at college this year, and there have been those same threats for lesser things that I've done. Threaten them by telling them you won't ever speak to them again or something... and act like you're serious. Maybe that'll change their minds. Just a thought...
Quote by grouchpunk08
Dude that sounds like something my parents would do. Parents can be harsh, tho I don't smoke pot. Im starting my freshman year at college this year, and there have been those same threats for lesser things that I've done. Threaten them by telling them you won't ever speak to them again or something... and act like you're serious. Maybe that'll change their minds. Just a thought...

that doesnt work on them, as I've already more or less shut them out since they've done this. They don't care as long as they get what they want in the end (control).
My Gear:

Dunlop Original Crybaby

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

Quote by Iwannaplay
Marijuana is not a drug.

1)

a) A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
b) Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

2)A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.
Every day

is exactly

the same...
Thats aweful, for your parents to riun your chances of a good career over pot is ridiculous, i thought my mum took things to far, but sh*t, thats just too far.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Esp_kill07
i would punish you myself but def not hinder your future progression.

Agreed. Plus it's not like the TS was doing heroin or anything. Jeez...

Also, TS, you don't have any family that can talk to your parents? Or maybe you can talk to your minister/priest and have him talk to your parents about forgiveness?

I know that second one sounds stupid, but trust me, it really could work.
Remind your parents your ENTIRE life depends on you going to college, who you marry, your kids, your income, your studies, EVERYTHING. Maybe that will sway them. Also mention that you were just curious and that you were trying it. "Say" you're "never going to do it again."
Just use all the facts about weed to convince them that it's not even bad, and if used every once in a while, can actually be good for you.

They probably just don't know any of the facts about weed.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by musiclover2399
Agreed. Plus it's not like the TS was doing heroin or anything. Jeez...

Also, TS, you don't have any family that can talk to your parents? Or maybe you can talk to your minister/priest and have him talk to your parents about forgiveness?

I know that second one sounds stupid, but trust me, it really could work.

lols, my other family/minister would probably make things worse. My whole family is filled with the conservative christians who will have a meltdown if I say "ass" in front of them. Seriously, its rediculous. My dad's (I dont go to church) minister is a hypocritical whackjob (in that church, the people cant even go to the movies, women cant wear pants, etc.).

BTW I wasnt even smoking in my house, it was while i was out hanging w/ friends.

I tell my parents how harmless weed is, they're blinded by society's image of it. They think for some reason its addictive even tho I kno from experience it has no addiction factor whatsoever
My Gear:

Dunlop Original Crybaby

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

Last edited by SSnake77 at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by SuPaGrAm
Thats unbelievable...

Its mj not cocaine...not worth this kind of punishment holy crap.

Unfortunately the only way to get a student loan with no consigner needed is if you apply for financial assistance because you have no parents. Im sorry man, this is unbelievable...
Talk to the collage administration about different loans but..i really dont know.

Then the solution is obvious. He must kill his parents.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
Quote by crazymnm

2)A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

Technically, that definition applies to all matter.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by SSnake77
lols, my other family/minister would probably make things worse. My whole family is filled with the conservative christians who will have a meltdown if I say "ass" in front of them. Seriously, its rediculous. My dad's (I dont go to church) minister is a hypocritical whackjob (in that church, the people cant even go to the movies, women cant wear pants, etc.).

BTW I wasnt even smoking in my house, it was while i was out hanging w/ friends.

I tell my parents how harmless weed is, they're blinded by society's image of it. They think for some reason its addictive even tho I kno from experience it has no addiction factor whatsoever

Oh ****, are you in the exclusive bretheren?
Coz that'd explain your parents.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
no offence but ur parents are dumb. wat kind of a parent would put their kid's future in jeopardy over abit of drugs?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer