Hey guys as you can see I just joined so hey everybody

My question is, I'm really into jazzy blues and instrumental rock, much like Santana in a way. So what would be a nice guitar to play warm, punchy music like Santana's? I'm in a tight budget between $250-350 so any comments?

You can see it as an upgrade over my $99 Bulletstrat...

Thanks!
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
You could sell your Squier for 50$ and buy an MIM fender strat since you're comfortable with the fender shape. I would suggest buying a new amp too.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I'd prefer to get a different type of guitar this time, just for the heck of change. But if there's a good deal on a standard strat, I gues I could give it a go.

But I was thinking more LP? Like an epihone?

Thanks so far.
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
An Epi LP Plain Top (B-Stock or a used regular) would be great. or a MIM Strat.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
if you want an lp for that price, it would have to be used. i bought an lp standard for $200, so it is possible to find one in that price range. you could also look at an epi sg. the set neck models fit your range, and if you like the feel, they are solid guitars
Yeah I was looking at the LP-100 but wasn't sure if it was a good deal. I also like Ibanez but I'm not sure if they would work for the type of music I want to play. RG series come to mind.
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
the RG series is a pretty good guitar for the money.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
The RG350EX/DX for example, I really liked that guitar, I've also seen a player play Santana's stuff with it and it sounded really nice. I could push my budget $50 more if the 350EX/DX is good.

Comments? Thanks so far
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
agile 3500 al, i love it for the jazzy tone and great sustain
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I'm not entirely sure, but maybe a used PRS SE? I dunno how much they cost, but that'll be a good idea.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I'm not hugely knowledgeable on such guitars, but I'm not sure if you can find some sort of used Paul Reed Smith (PRS) guitar on the market? Doesn't Santana use those as well?