So, I've just signed up, to ask.. been leeching here for quite a long time, so now I thought it was time for my first post.

so, I've spend the last hour looking at threads with "WUT AMP SHUD I BAII?"
Still, take the chance and make another one..

Short version, I've been playing for a little over 2 years now, with my cheap Fender Squier Bullet, and my nice little Fender SP-10 amp..

As far as I've found out by reading, the first thing to be replaced, should be the amp.

So now the time has come for the question, I need a suggestion for a new amp, a friend of mine suggested a Marshall MG100DFX.. Wich imo seems a little expensive, or am I just a cheap ass??

I was thinking more in the price range of $300-350.. 400 max..

The stuff I play the most is like, black sabbath, green day, a little Metallica, and stuff like that..

So here we go, I need your suggestions, oh guitar experts.

Thanks.
Never buy a Marshall MG. For someone like you, I recommend a Roland Cube.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by thedude97

Just went on youtube to see some vids of the Roland Cube 30X, sounds pretty sweet.

Going to wait a little to see what other people say, and then in like next week, go to the local music store, and ask if it's something they have home, and maybe I could tryy it..
Quote by thedude97

*insert pear*

two years playing and you reccomend this bloke a bloody cube? id consider that for a complete basic begginer.

i would reccomend something a little bigger, assuming those are american dollars, i hate to say it but, a valveking wouldnt be a bad choice.

although just wait for some bird brain to tell you valvekings are crap.

definately check a vk out and see if you like it

good luck on your quest dude.

Quote by xxXshredderXxx
*insert pear*

two years playing and you reccomend this bloke a bloody cube? id consider that for a complete basic begginer.

i would reccomend something a little bigger, assuming those are american dollars, i hate to say it but, a valveking wouldnt be a bad choice.

although just wait for some bird brain to tell you valvekings are crap.

definately check a vk out and see if you like it

good luck on your quest dude.

Yeah, I ment american dollars.

Valvekings seems a little expensive though, I can only go from the prices in Denmark, and the only VKs I can find, seems a little out of my price..

There's the Peavey ValveKing Royal 8, to $250, rest seems to be $800 and up..

Seems like I'm going to have to look at outside-town shops, is there any specific VK you would suggest?
Quote by Moesgaarda
Yeah, I ment american dollars.

Valvekings seems a little expensive though, I can only go from the prices in Denmark, and the only VKs I can find, seems a little out of my price..

There's the Peavey ValveKing Royal 8, to $250, rest seems to be $800 and up..

Seems like I'm going to have to look at outside-town shops, is there any specific VK you would suggest?

yeh the royal 8 is quite a nice little amp, i think its better than the epj and them blackheart things.

all the valvekings sound basically the same, only the wattage changes, although the 212 has a bit more gain than the 112.

the 112 is pretty good though, and loud enough to burst your ear drums haha.