So here's my problem. I'm looking for a relatively compact way to get a large variety of sounds and decent quality for home recording and headphone jamming and over all trying to find my own sound.

I'm looking at it for playing mostly fusion with a bit of shred, heavy metal, jazz, blues, classic rock and some country.

I've been looking into the pod X3 but I've seen quite a few mixed reviews. Some people love it and ramble on about amazing tone while some people say it sounds horrible (then usually comparing it to some $4000 rig). I don't need perfect tone but i want it to be fairly decent and in no way expect it to sound like a super expensive rig.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the different amp models and the overall quality of the sound? There's a lot of talk about some fuzz in the sound especially in high gain channels.

Also if anyone could suggest something better in the price range it would be a great help.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by arizonagt
So here's my problem. I'm looking for a relatively compact way to get a large variety of sounds and decent quality for home recording and headphone jamming and over all trying to find my own sound.

I'm looking at it for playing mostly fusion with a bit of shred, heavy metal, jazz, blues, classic rock and some country.

I've been looking into the pod X3 but I've seen quite a few mixed reviews. Some people love it and ramble on about amazing tone while some people say it sounds horrible (then usually comparing it to some $4000 rig). I don't need perfect tone but i want it to be fairly decent and in no way expect it to sound like a super expensive rig.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the different amp models and the overall quality of the sound? There's a lot of talk about some fuzz in the sound especially in high gain channels.

Also if anyone could suggest something better in the price range it would be a great help.

Those people are just jumping on the line 6 hate bandwagon and/or the 'digital sucks' bandwagon. Its a decent piece of equipment, and there is a way of dialling out the fizzy sounds on the high gain settings without compromising on tone, but i'm not sure how.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.