This September I'll be playing for a year and I want to get myself a decent amp now that my playing ability has progressed. Reading threads on whether to get a tube or SS amp has got me in a rut. I'm looking for, as stupid as it may sound, a hard hitting, crunchy tone similar to later Pantera and modern hardcore and death metal bands along the lines of Job for a Cowboy and The Acacia Strain. I know everyone looks down on hardcore music for how generic it sounds but that's the tone I've been trying to achieve for pretty long now with my ****ty starter amp I bought at a local music store when I first started playing.

I asked for advice about this before but my budget has dropped thanks to other things. I have tried a few tube amps out (a ~300$ Vox and some random Roland) and the tone was alright but I always feel like a tool turning the volume up in a store so I probably didn't get the full effect of the tube sound to begin with. Like I said above I'm really looking for a fat, crunchy tone with good low end. Cleans don't really appeal to me since I play metal, hardcore, and all the categorized sub-genre's related to those two, so the quality of the cleans won't factor in for me.
save up a little more. i dont know of a good amp thats only 300 dollars.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
get a pod or a modeler + epi valve junior is the only way to have decent valve tone at that price im afraid

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost