I decided to have a bit of a search for pedals to use and came across this Korg. What are general opinions on it?

I know that I could do better with individual pedals but I'm not really looking for a huge amount of versatility in the the delay/chorus/reverb. Plus it would save a fair amount of space on the old pedalboard.

Original Post:
Lately I've been having a rethink on the way I have my effects set up. It's due to the fact that I've always been in a band with two guitarists but now I'm the sole player.

I currently use OD, EQ and a boost pedal.
My idea is to have a seperate loop that I can place my boost pedal in with some other effects so I can turn them all on with the touch of just one footswitch.

To fill out our sound, so it doesn't seem so empty when I start playing lead lines instead of chords, what other effects would people recommend I put in this loop?
I'm assuming chorus and/or delay would be the first things to look at but I've always been the "less is more" sort of person when it comes to modulation so I have very little experience.

Perhaps I'm not even looking at the right thing.
Any suggestions?
Last edited by ChrisN at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by seljer
some light delay fills in emptiness very nicely

+1

Delay helps to give more depth and can also create atmosphere.

This is the only timed based effect I use.

I also use reverb, which also nicely thickens up your sound.
chorus!
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
i use delay to fill out lead lines, always. even when its just subtle, it can fill it out a lot.

chorus helps a little bit but not as much as delay.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Hmm ok, seems like I'm on the right track then. I'll have to see if I can borrow/test some pedals and try out some different combinations to see what suits what I'm after.

Thanks all for the suggestions!
I play in a 3-piece (power trio!) in which I probably play more lead than I do chords. Delay works wonders for filling out your sound, as does reverb, which I have on my amp anyway. But seriously, I use my delay pedal for almost every lead part.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Chorus, it is a fantastic asset to have, it brings your clean sound to life and jazzes it up a bit. And if your amplifier doesn't have built in reverb, then a reverb pedal would be good to thicken up your tone a bit.
Delay pedals definately give you a lot of options. You can get a reverb just by keeping the setting low. Or set the feedback higher for layering underneath. I use a Tech 21 Boost DLA, the clean boost is nice for leads. Anyway, it adds a lot to my sound.
In my previous band I was also a sole guitarist.I used to add some reverb from the amp I played on.I only had a distortion a wah and a delay.I was using the delay as a booster for the solos.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
The best pedal I've ever used to fill out sound, for the best cost and for the greatest difference, was the Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble :-)
Last edited by Aoliver17 at Aug 15, 2008,