My other thread kinda died without someone answering me my question.
Recapping, i've been playing for 2 years, playing Progressive Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Progressive Metal (Opeth and majority of Dream Theater) and Old Heavy Metal

The top amps im considering for my next significant amp purchase are please add to my list:
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Blackheart Little Giant (cheaper than flextone though)

This is without my saving a ludicrous amount of money for a 50w valve head and cab that would be too loud for my to crank in my garage.
Which given to option of having whatever amp i'd want, it'll be a Mesa Boogie half stack. However im not sure if I have to time to save up 4000 Australian, because I really really want something new to play on.

Also I really am hoping to spend around 1000 on a new amp.

So what Im asking is what amp would be better for me or is it worth getting myself something I don't neccesarily need atm. And how does the BH compare loudness to a 30 watt SS MG? I know it would sound better
Last edited by silly hats at Aug 6, 2008,
i doubt you'd get metal out of that blackheart. i guess try the flextone and see if you like it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$1000 Australian, about £467 according to a converter. I would say take a look into a Peavey Classic 30, it could get you classic rock and blues tone easily. Maybe put an OD pedal and EQ in front of it to get a metal tone.
Quote by AdamDK
$1000 Australian, about £467 according to a converter. I would say take a look into a Peavey Classic 30, it could get you classic rock and blues tone easily. Maybe put an OD pedal and EQ in front of it to get a metal tone.

Yeah but aussie gear is WAAAAY more expensive aswell
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
If you want Opeth, go with Laney

If you want Dream Theatre, go with Mesa/Boogie

If you want both, go with a Diezel Herbert
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What can you get in AU for a decent price? Laney's? Peavey's? Or are you poor souls stuck with E-bay? Try to find a decent used Peavey Ultra Combo or used classic 30 and a bad monkey. May be your best bet on a low budget.
You can roughly get a Laney LC or VC at that price.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I rarely use absolutely heavy distortion. Also to be honest I want to get out of the habit of turning up distortion and go nuts. I think I can improve in so much others ways provided I don't get distracted with something more than a Oldern Heavy Metal style. By Opethy tones im talking about their quieter stuff and some of their heavy stuff like Drapery Falls.

I do like this sort of tone honestly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVNJvW1NgU&feature=related

Damn I have to go to school, exams....