i heard you can adjust the action on an acoustic guitar and didn't know if this was true. if so how do you do it. i find the action on my acoustic is too high and for that reason i don't play it as often as i should. i just play my electric but it doesn't sound the same
just turn the little round scews in the bridge to lower or raise the action...simple...
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
...oh yeah... you will have to loosen the strings first and maybe even take out the bridge completely before you lower it...
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
An acoustics action is and needs to be higher than that of an electric. The strings are fatter, heavier gauge which require more room to vibrate freely, thus the higher action. If you're going under the assumption that because you own both, and the acoustic isn't as easy to play as the electric because the action is too high, better think again. Why not measure it to see if it even needs lowering or not? It's easy to go overboard when lowering the action on an acoustic and causing fret buzz all over the place, especially if it's already borderline to begin with. It's done by removing the bridge saddle(the white piece that the strings rest on at the bridge) and sanding down the bottom surface of it little by little until the action is correct. It's time consuming because you need to remove the saddle, which means the strings either need to come off every time, or be extremely loose, loose enough to slip the saddle piece out. Then it needs to be put back together and retuned to check clearances.
I'm not saying you CAN'T do it, I'm trying to get you to think if you NEED to do it. Big difference.
Ignore AiC's posts. On an acoustic guitar, action adjustments are performed by sanding down the saddle and possibly the nut also.
Quote by AiC
just turn the little round scews in the bridge to lower or raise the action...simple...

It's an ACOUSTIC GUITAR there Mr. Wizard. Not simple.
Yeah, I once lowered the action on my acoustic, slightly, and, as LeftyDave said, I removed the saddle and sanded it down. There's no turning back though, so make sure you have a spare saddle, in case you over do it, and the new action is too low and the strings buzz etc.

Also the most difficult part was sanding it down evenly. If you don't do it carefully you might end up with one end of the saddle that's lower than the other end.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
thanks sounds like too much trouble ill just go buy another guitar with lower action one that im comfortable with.
Quote by tom183
^--Are you serious?

yeah, you shouldn't buy a guitar just for the action. It's an adjustable thing.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo, don't buy a new guitar!

If anything, buy a new saddle, so that you have a spare in case you **** up the other one sanding it down too much.
its a cheap guitar a burswood . i bought it at giant tiger, for 36 bucks so i think i might as well go buy a new guitar. one with better quality it was my first guitar and got me hooked so i guess it did its job. ive only been playin for 7 months. and startin off later in life im 40 years old. but im never lookin back gonna play til the day i die
Now THAT'S the kind of eff'ing attitude we need more of around here! Rock on bro!
Don't look back, and play till u die. I might even want to be buried with my guitar in my hands. Kind of like how those knights used to be buried with their swords. That'd be kewl.
And averyb, if you want or need any recomendations on guitars, just come on back now, y'hear. (Just watched Beverly Hillbillies last night, lol)
Quote by AiC

Wow. Highly considering sigging this.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert