Poll: What do I do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do I do?
Be a good brother
42 76%
Leave his ass in the cold!
13 24%
Voters: 55.
Ok, my parents have gone on holiday to York, and I wanted to have some friends round for a bit of a get together, but this plan was foiled when I realised I have to take my little brother to the dentist in the morning, and can't really leave a bunch of people alone in my house.

However, yesterday I took him to a party, which is a half hour drive there, and another back. Today he wants me to pick him up, same drive again.
Tomorrow to the dentist is another half hour drive there and the same back.

Basically, after a lot of aggro...should I bother picking him up, or make him learn a valuable life lesson?
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Wait, wait, wait... back up a little

your parents are on a holiday in York...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
if you have to take him in the morning, why is it such a problem? just have the party or whatever later
Sig space available, give me some praise
I can't have it the day after, I have a job interview so I need to be fresh faced and awake

depnds... How old is your brother?
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Pick him up.

I'm sure your parents will find out about it either way and will make things much easier for you if you prove that you're responsible and can be counted on.
Quote by guitarheroII
depnds... How old is your brother?

16 this month

Quote by blynd_snyper
If you do that to your brother, I will hunt you down, kick your ass and steal your car. OK, I won't, but it's still a dick move.

Woah...I'm gonna check the poll now, and if it agrees with you...I guess I'd better go

EDIT: Damn you!! I guess I'd better get moving

Just so you know, you've made a poor unemployed boy spend another £5 on a brother who has no value of money!!! (He's in debt over £200 on a phone bill!! To his girlfriend, whom he probably had sex with last night! WHEN DO I GET TO HAVE SEX DAMMIT?!)

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Woah...I'm gonna check the poll now, and if it agrees with you...I guess I'd better go

EDIT: Damn you!! I guess I'd better get moving

Just so you know, you've made a poor unemployed boy spend another £5 on a brother who has no value of money!!! (He's in debt over £200 on a phone bill!! To his girlfriend, whom he probably had sex with last night! WHEN DO I GET TO HAVE SEX DAMMIT?!)

When you start manning up like your little brother.
ah you guys are mean, well, ur all to nice n making him go and pick up his brother! im really bored now! dam you all
Quote by GuitarHero0715

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
@ TS' last post: that's pretty pathetic...
He's 16, can't he just go to the dentist by himself?
My parents never ask me to drive my brothers around....
Make him pay for gas, but you should still pick him up. The few times I needed my older bro to pick me up he always did, (reluctantly of course, but who could blame him, it was a 60 mile round trip,) but I sure as hell paid for gas and usually we stopped at a fast food place on the way back and i bought him a burger or something.

Even if he doesn't know the value of a buck, leaving him stranded won't teach him anything but how to be a douche back to you in the future.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Quote by whatamidoinhere
16 this month

**** hes grown up enough to get a ****ing bus there and back
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Yeah, the next bus wasn't til 4 apparently

And he can't get to the dentist himself because it's a long way away and the bus services are crap around here

He bought me a sandwich from Somerfield, which made up for it a bit I guess

if he's 16 he should have his license
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I didn't read the age. Tell him to get a bus.

Also...York...good job I'm not at home. (RapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRapeRape)

Quote by shredmeiser101

Idiot. In the UK you have to be 17 to even apply for your provisional (learner's permit).
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Ok, my parents have gone on holiday to York, and I wanted to have some friends round for a bit of a get together, but this plan was foiled when I realised I have to take my little brother to the dentist in the morning, and can't really leave a bunch of people alone in my house.

However, yesterday I took him to a party, which is a half hour drive there, and another back. Today he wants me to pick him up, same drive again.
Tomorrow to the dentist is another half hour drive there and the same back.

Basically, after a lot of aggro...should I bother picking him up, or make him learn a valuable life lesson?

you could call the dentist's surgery and ask if his appointment can be moved on a few hours so that you can see your friends off in the morning and still take your brother. if your parents are gone for a few days, you could even reschedule the appointment to the next day, allowing you to have your friends over.

the sneaky option is this: do your parents know about this party he went/is going to? if not, you could pick him up from the party, then tell him he has to find his own way to the dentist (or even give him the money for a taxi), using the party he went to w/o your parents' permission as leverage so you dont get into trouble.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by _Tim_
Idiot. In the UK you have to be 17 to even apply for your provisional (learner's permit).

I got mine 2 weeks after I turned 16...I'm still not 17 and it's in my wallet.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by GuitarHero0715

What's that smell? *Sniff* *Sniff* Smelled like someone got BURNED

Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
Quote by shredmeiser101

Because everybody wants to shell out on a car as soon as the opportunity arises