ok, the uploaded one has all the volumes mixed poorly but I have fixed it up a bit since then. Still hasnt got a solo, either, but I thought I'd get some feedback while still in the mixing stage, just incase you think anything realy sucks and needs to be re-recorded.

Any form of feedback welcome, thanks for your time.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MerryGoRound/music/all/play381224
erm the vocals kinda suck, dont try and sound like cobain just sing normal, its way to forced and u slur to much, other wise ok recoridng the bass is a bit lumpy and out of sync at times, tighen it up maybe, as with the whole thing, u slip out of time alot
Yeah it's not bad =) You need to give it a little more of a fuller sound though.
Quote by manwithplan
erm the vocals kinda suck, dont try and sound like cobain just sing normal, its way to forced and u slur to much, other wise ok recoridng the bass is a bit lumpy and out of sync at times, tighen it up maybe, as with the whole thing, u slip out of time alot

Hmm. Bass was on the backing track, so thats not my fault Not sure how to fix the forced Cobain-ness, its just how I sing. Of course I always try and rip him off, but its very hard for me to sing unlike him. But anyway, um....thanks.

Quote by Stillicide

Didnt sound half bad to me. The Guitar was alittle low, if your going to increase the volume only do it alittle, very little. I really liked the sound you got, what are you recording with?

Could you crit my Nightrain Cover?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=923507

Thanks!

Thank you. Um, using mixcraft 4 atm. For the guitar, i either directly imput it to my laptop, or i used my singstar mic's (only ones i had at that time). For the vocals I used a Behringer C-1 (purchased after the music was recorded), its all the first take though 'cos i didnt have any more time! Amps a Roland Cube. Recording through my laptops soundcard keeps giving it a wierd sound which you can kinda hear on the vocals especially, so i need some new equipment there. I'll crit your cover soon!
Quote by Chozz

Yeah it's not bad =) You need to give it a little more of a fuller sound though.

I'll try, thanks.
Sorry, but I agree with manwithplan, not that the vocals necessarily suck, but instead that it seems like you are trying to sound like Cobain. Honesty, if you had never heard Nirvana you would not sing like that. Maybe it's a bit difficult because you have heard it sung one way so many times (it's probably the same with most distinctive vocalists), but I think you need to kinda find your own way to do it. Hope that helps.
Quote by Adam_G
Sorry, but I agree with manwithplan, not that the vocals necessarily suck, but instead that it seems like you are trying to sound like Cobain. Honesty, if you had never heard Nirvana you would not sing like that. Maybe it's a bit difficult because you have heard it sung one way so many times (it's probably the same with most distinctive vocalists), but I think you need to kinda find your own way to do it. Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, I guess its something I have to work on. Is the problem that the vocals are too forced, or that I'm trying to sound like Cobain and not myself? The covers I've been working on are intended to go on an In Utero Tribute CD, so sounding as much like Cobain as i can is what I am aiming for (as impossible to replicate as he was). I just want to know if my vocals sound too crap, or im just imitating too much.
thank you for your honesty.
I think it's more the imitation side that could get a bit grating if you were trying to pass it off as your own style. If it's for a tribute CD then no worries, go for it! I think within your own music you would be seriously limiting yourself if you were trying to force another voice, but that really has nothing to do with this cover.