Yes, I know this is an unusual post, but here goes.

I have a recording studio set up in my finished basement and keep my guitars in the same room next to all my recording gear (synthesizer, Mac computer, monitor speakers, etc). A few weeks ago I discovered these extremely tiny bugs (I'm talking the size of a speck of dust) crawling on the top of my Takamine acoustic guitar (none of my other guitars--a nylon string guitar, Fender bass, old Hofner bass, or old Harmony jazz guitar--are affected). These bugs move a little, then stop. They do not jump. I also found some on my speakers and keyboard. From my readings on the Net, I believe them to be book lice. I put some mothballs in both my guitar case and my guitar. I then put the guitar in a garbage bag and sealed it up for a few days. When I removed the guitar, the bugs were gone. I put the guitar back in the case and now the bugs are back. I believe they are eating the glue and binding of the guitar case and that the case is infested. My basement is on the humid side (about 60-65 percent during the summer months), so this problem should hopefully disappear once the humidity level goes down. I have started to use a dehumidifier daily. Is there anything more I can do? Do you think I should junk the guitar case and buy a new one? A guitarist friend advised me to keep my guitars out of their cases, since it's the cases that attract the bugs. I have since put the guitars and their cases in my garage, but the bugs are still in my studio. Any advice? Thanks so much!
Might be mites... those things suck. They make you itch. I worked in a fileroom and it was full of those things.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
take a night light. plug it into a low socket ( by the floor of the basement). under the nightlight put a plate of water with dishsoap in the water. before you turn off the lights to the basement turn on the night light and place the plate of soapy water under the light on the floor. the warmth and light will attract the bugs. the soap in the water makes it so the bugs cant float or swim and will drown.

jym
Quote by sashki
1) Move case to a dryer place
2) Identify bugs
3) Obtain appropriate bug spray
4) KILL
5) ?????
6) PROFIT!

7)Mad victory fapz
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by jymellis
take a night light. plug it into a low socket ( by the floor of the basement). under the nightlight put a plate of water with dishsoap in the water. before you turn off the lights to the basement turn on the night light and place the plate of soapy water under the light on the floor. the warmth and light will attract the bugs. the soap in the water makes it so the bugs cant float or swim and will drown.

jym

My friend does the same thing for fleas

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by sashki
2) Identify bugs
4) KILL
5) ?????
6) PROFIT!

Worst use of ???/Profit ever? I believe so.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by sashki
2) Identify bugs
4) KILL
5) produce a multi-billion record
6) PROFIT!

i filled the blank
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The bugs are book lice. They thrive on moisture. I'm getting rid of the guitar case and am going to wrap up the guitar in a bag with some mothballs for a few days as I did the first time. I'm buying a new case for the guitar and will keep all my guitars out of the basement. I'll give that nightlite/soapdish idea a try for the bugs in the basement. Once the weather gets less humid these bugs will be gone. Thanks again!