For those of you who have been paying attention to my posts or profile you will have noticed ive been waiting on getting my new Squier vintage modified precision bass for aaaages. Wel i finally got it yesterday afternoon after selling my epiphone eb3 (wisest decision ever. I dont want this to end up sounding like a review, but i am very impressed by the build quality. I hadnt played one for more than a few minutes before, which was enough to tell me i wanted one. The neck is brilliant, intonation after a very mild setup is almost flawless, the nut is genuis, bridge seems great although ill get a gotoh at some point. Havent had the chance to amp it yet coz mine is elsewhere just now (egh) but i imagine it will sound great. So far though I would definately recommend this to anyone who wants a good cheap precision that easily rivals and fequently betters the Fender standards. The End lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
pics
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
pics

workin on it haha
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
squier vintage p sounds cool, i tried it out last week in a shop, and im tempted to get it, but i have money to get a stand mex p bass and i am unsure i will get the growl i want using the squier. Plus i wasnt a fan of the neck, doesnt feel as easy on the hand compared to the mex
I am completely with you CaptainJack
My son in law bought a white Squire P three weeks ago and I'm seriously considering to trade in my Ibaneezer to get one of those myself. Sod all Squire bashers, but that is some mighty fine bass for a very reasonable prize.
Does yours also have such a lovely black rosewood fretboard?
I (also) played this in a shop the other week, and it was very nice, I liked the fell of the body and neck. I got an Ibanez instead and I'm happy
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I have a VM-P and it really is a VERY reliable bass.
I've had it for over 8 months now, and have regular practices/gigged a fair few times and so far, it still looks like new! (Only 1 minor scratch )

The tone is brilliant, the neck is a nice feel.. I have nothing bad to say about it
I use it with a Laney RB3 and a Boss Muilti-effects, and for the price of the Squier.. It really is the best purchase I've ever made :P

I recommend everyone get one!
:P
Glad you like your new bass, I got a Squier Vintage Modified '70s J-Bazz for my birthday a month ago, and it's incredible. Playing it without seeing the headstock you'd probably think it wasn't just a Squier, and I can imagine the P-Bass is definitely up there as well.
I've owned a Squier Vintage modified Jazz bass for about a year now and I definetly agree with bassicdragon33. The VM series is of great quality and rivals the Fender Mims I'm sure! Enjoy your new VM P-bass!
good job Captain Jack!

I give you my approval and 5 free rythym points.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
After having one, it was ok. My neck sucked ass, and the pickups were too trebly for me. If you like it, good, I'm not going to tell you other wise.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by JobyByTheNight
After having one, it was ok. My neck sucked ass, and the pickups were too trebly for me. If you like it, good, I'm not going to tell you other wise.

cant comment on pickups yet, i really like the neck on mine actually. only rpoblem i had with the whole setup was the nut, my open E rattles coz the slot is gashed a bit
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...