I'm struggling, been playing bass for 4ish years. Technically no problems, with enough practice i seem to be able to persuade teh fingers to do most things.

But i've hit a huge rut (about 6 months of) inspired by the energy/time/motivation/spirit sapping A2 exams. I had an increadable teacher who was a great inspiration. Began learning walking bass. Got some of the theory to sit. Trouble is when i try to actually play anything it is more of a stumbling bass line. Tripping over chords and landing in nice innapropriate notes often.

Since leaving school i have had to lose the teacher (stupid county music organisation politics).

So im looking for a way of improving this style of playing whilst enjoying myself and the instrument. Get some flair back into it!

Any help is greatfully recieved!
Why does it have to go in the bass forum? Bass is a guitar so i can't be because the site is ulitmate guitar and bass players are musicians so what is your problem?^
And also WHITE POWER
Why would I be warned. I was questioning why this thread should be moved. Or is it a black man can say black power but a white man cant say white power?
Quote by /-\liceNChains
Why would I be warned. I was questioning why this thread should be moved. Or is it a black man can say black power but a white man cant say white power?

Was it needed though?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
TS, You just have to learn what notes to accent at what time. When I back up my friends on the bass, they get really pissed when I accent odd notes at odd times, so I always start and finish on the root. If you like you could suggest me some song's in the genres you like and I will try to help you realize what notes are "appropriate" to accent.

P.S. Once you learn the basics of this method, break away from them. The best bass lines, IMHO, are the ones that are music into themselves, not just augmenting everyone else (you can do both at once).
Those with closed minds bring on themselves nothing but limits.
Quote by lumpy890
If you like you could suggest me some song's in the genres you like and I will try to help you realize what notes are "appropriate" to accent.

That would be awesome.

I've been trying to find the bill Evans Villiage vanguard sessions on a shoestring budget. But struggling.

Glad someone thought to actually help rather than having a petty argument!
Quote by /-\liceNChains
Or is it a black man can say black power but a white man cant say white power?
I understand where you're coming from. You saw the avatar and took offense the response was "right back at you".

Personally I don't think race should be any kind of consideration when it comes to music, and you could have responded in a more appropriate way. Having said that I think if you do get a warning shameonthenight should definitely get one too.
Si
I dont take offense to at all. Its great to be proud of who you are. Perhaps i was showing that he and i have a common pride in ourselves. If you see it differntly maybe you are racist.

TS Check out some Willy nelson albums they all have slow walking basslines. Try to play to those and see how they drop right onto the root note on each chord change. It would be easy to play slow country basslines then work faster just like when learning a technique you start slow.