ok, so this might have been asked about before. or sound a bit daft. but how come no one makes a bass trem system? i mean, stringing it would be hard if it was like a floyd rose, but other than that, i dont see why one hasnt been made. oh, if one has been made a link would be cool, because i couldnt find one on google.
There are a few out there, but they don't work the same way as Guitar trems I don't think. The main reason they aren't common, as, due to the string tension, the bass would go out of tune as soon as you used it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-Bantam-4String-Bass-with-Whammy?sku=515433&src=3SOSWXXA
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
A few companies used to make them, although I think only one still does.

if my memory serves me correctly, there are plenty of threads on this subject, Try typing it into the searchbar and see what comes up
les claypool uses one.
look up primus
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
kahler makes a bass trem (according to these people the only one)
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
if u could perfect the system it would be a good idea. u wouldnt have to buy pedals and eventualy it would be cheaper.
Kahler
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I have used a Kahler for many years and have never really had a problem with it going out of tune(keep the rollers lubricated and grind some pencil lead dust in the nut). The real problem is taking a router to your beloved bass!
The look on the audiences faces when you dive-bomb through an SVT 8x10 is about the coolest thing ever!
80s BC Rich Warlocks,Ironbird,Bich with EMGs
80s Squire P with Mirror Pickguard and a Kahler Tremelo!
80s Magenta(Hot Pink!) Ibanez RD707
80s Aria ZZB Zebra Explorer
80s Kramer Ferrington Acoustic
AMPEG 6pro
AMPEG 8x10,AMPEG 4x10 HLF