I mean in general, also what the life of a well cared for pedal?
I could save a ton of money but I don't want them to break down after I but them.
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
I don't know if this would be useful or not but I'm not in a band so if I buy them they won't get much more damage and I love experimental/ambient sounds.
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
I suppose it really depends on whom you buy from. Don't be surprised if something breaks down when you got it from some monkey who jumps around on his/her pedals
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
It depends but generally there's nothing wrong with buying used. It's usually a good idea to try before you buy if possible though. If buying on ebay make sure they've got original pictures not some stock ones, otherwise you don't know what you're buying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Most guitar related products are made for the gigging guitarist, so if cared for they will last years. Buying used can save you a lot of money!
pedals? I wouldn't worry, you have to be really tough on them to kill them (unless they're the cheapo plastic ones...)
Also remember that if there's a few scratches on pedals that doesn't mean they wont work
I highly recommend buying used.

I got both my RG1527 and C-1 Classic used and I saved around $1500 in total.
Lost interest.
Everything i own is used except my schecter,cables and tubes etc. That includes cab, two amp heads, previous 6 guitars, 4 pedals. My best advice is: Try Before You Buy
Buying used is almost always a fantastic idea. You get much better value for something that works and sounds as if it's brand new, in most cases.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Used stuff is normally as good quality as brand new stuff (especially pedals). I bought my delay pedal and my guitar used, and got great deals because of it. I would always try a guitar before buying it, though. Even if it was new.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Personally i've saved so much money buying used. As of right now, all of my gear was bought used, with the exception of my el cheapo Ibanez i bought years ago.

As long as the guy your buying from seems trustworthy, go for it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Buying used is alright, but it is better if you can try the item first to make sure it isn't a scam. However, most of the time on eBay, all you need to do is check the sellers rep, and if it's high, you know it's legit.
Cool becuase I'm going to Guiter Center saturday which makes it pratically a holiday.
And I really wanted to look into a phaser (still not suer which I'm leaning to the ph-3 and and I want to check the fm4 for crazy techo goodness. Thanks
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
with pedals i don't mind buying used, i got my boss on e-bay and it looks practically new, but when it comes to amps and guitars i always by new, i just like the peace of mind since i get the warranty.
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1