Hey, I'm heading to the music store later, and I'm wondering what to get. I could get a new amp (A small Line 6) with special effects, or a distortion pedal. Which one is better? I already have an amp btw, but it has no effects, and generally just blows <,<
Amp? Guitar? Genre?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
neither. go to the store and browse some tube amps and find one you like. then save up for it

you dont want to jump the gun on amps i did it and it sucked. luckily i found the amp i have now used and traded for it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

forget the line 6 regardless

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Genre: Blues, Rock, Metal
Money: Probably about 100 dollars (However, if it's 150, I can do that). I don't need a big amp, just with settings
My current Amp: Not really a guitar amp. It was designed for me to electrify a wooden cello, so yeah <-<;;
You people are ridiculous, granted he's probably looking at a cheap Spider, but we could be wrong. He's also probably new to guitar so a tube amp isn't likely going to be a good purchase until he knows what exact sound he wants, something like a Valvetronix or a Cube would be better.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
You people are ridiculous, granted he's probably looking at a cheap Spider, but we could be wrong. He's also probably new to guitar so a tube amp isn't likely going to be a good purchase until he knows what exact sound he wants, something like a Valvetronix or a Cube would be better.

Yeah. I've played for a month, but I have 10 years previous experience at Cello (I bought the guitar after performing at Lincoln Center with the cello). I don't know enough about amps or the like to pick one wisely for my self, especially at price, which is why I asked. I assume an amp is a better choice then distortion, considering no one even mentioned it?
Definitely a new amp, I would recommend a Roland Micro Cube at that budget. It's small, but it will cover all the sounds you want and it's about $125 online.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
Definitely a new amp, I would recommend a Roland Micro Cube at that budget. It's small, but it will cover all the sounds you want and it's about $125 online.

This looks pretty close to what I was looking for, thanks! I dun need gigging material, afterall. Does this only run on batteries, or could I plug this?
It comes with an AC adapter, so no need for batteries.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Sweet. I typed it in, and the first one that I saw (Off the Roland site) had batteries, so I was a bit nervous. 20 hours on 6 batteries isn't terribly good, considering as I actually enjoy practice quite a bit.
Don't worry, you can plug it in. It also has quite a few effects and amp models and if you want you can use headphones, although I doubt it will get too loud.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
You forgot the "s" at the end!

Hope you enjoy your new amp!
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows