im actually more of a guitarist than a bassist, but i have a cheap bass (a squier ) which is fretless and since i got it ive realized that a bass with frets would make much more sense for my style of music. so im wondering how much it normally costs to get a bass fretted. im guessing it would be better to just buy a new bass, but if its not too expensive ill probly just do this instead. thanks
Quote by sjada
im guessing it would be better to just buy a new bass
Yep. A new Squier will be cheaper, I should think.
100-200€? Xd
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
You could get a new, better neck for around 50 pounds.

that seems like the easiest option to me.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
how did you buy a fretless squire... ?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
how did you buy a fretless squire... ?

There's a few knocking about.

And TS, I'd say buy another bass. No-one thought that fretless would work with death metal, but Sean Malone and Steve Digiorgio went against the grain and did very well for themselves. It's always nice to have different things lying about because sometimes something needs that something different that only something different can give.

Or something like that.

Additionally, the entire conversion thing (UK to US) doesn't work because of things like customs tax etc.
What style of music? I've used my fretless for everything from Jazz to punk to black metal.