I've pretty much decided on having one of these Jackson RR's. Only thing i'm gonna check is wether i suit one of them. Me being a pretty big guy and that being a smallish guitar (looks like it anyhoo).

But which shall/can i get? Cost is no issue, but i dont wanna pay more than a grand.

I want an OFR, 24 jumbo frets, and EMG's. I dont like the one that only has one pickup, so please dont suggest it

If i cant get one with EMG's, i need it cheap enough to buy EMGs seperate.

Suggestions and links/pics guys?

Thanks a lot.
I do not think there is a Rhodes that fits those specs. There's the RR24, and the RR5FR.

They're also big guitars.

Also, would you be willing to buy an OFR seperate?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by iRockMetal
I've pretty much decided on having one of these Jackson RR's. Only thing i'm gonna check is wether i suit one of them. Me being a pretty big guy and that being a smallish guitar (looks like it anyhoo).

But which shall/can i get? Cost is no issue, but i dont wanna pay more than a grand.

I want an OFR, 24 jumbo frets, and EMG's. I dont like the one that only has one pickup, so please dont suggest it

If i cant get one with EMG's, i need it cheap enough to buy EMGs seperate.

Suggestions and links/pics guys?

Thanks a lot.
they are big not small guitars
I would buy one seperate yes

But with a £1000 budget would i get an RR, and an OFR and two EMGs?
Including fitting/technician costs?

Its fine by me if its affordable.
http://www.mt247.co.uk/acatalog/ESP_NV_Series.html

copied the body shape, only 189 more than what you wanted to spend

EDIT: i seriously doubt you can get a RR shape with all those exact specs cheaper than that btw.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Aug 6, 2008,
i almost bought one a couple of years ago but i got a les paul instead. if i were to buy an RR guitar, this RR3 model would be the one.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Well, if you're looking for a V guitar and not just the Randy Rhoads exclusively, an LTD V-500 with case should be about $200 under your budget, and a beautiful dean VMNT with active Seymour Duncans (They sound better than EMGs in my opinion) is exactly your budget (hard case is included). Unfortunately, the jackson that fits your specs, the RR24 is about $250 over your budget (Jacksons are a really bad value-there, I said it!).

They are still awesome though
Quote by Beebaboo
Well, if you're looking for a V guitar and not just the Randy Rhoads exclusively, an LTD V-500 with case should be about $200 under your budget, and a beautiful dean VMNT with active Seymour Duncans (They sound better than EMGs in my opinion) is exactly your budget (hard case is included). Unfortunately, the jackson that fits your specs, the RR24 is about $250 over your budget (Jacksons are a really bad value-there, I said it!).

They are still awesome though

id go for a normal v because its so much cheaper tbh, or if you save a little more thne get a custom with www.ranguitars.com

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
are the ESP RR thingys "authorized" for lack of a better word like are they real RR or do they have to be Jacksons to be real RR
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
There's two two that come to mind. Except they both have cons.

This is about... $1500... Which would be about 3000 pounds.

This is significantly cheaper, but it also has a LFR, and you may hate the inlays.

Other than that, you can either sacrifice the two extra frets, and get the RR5FR, and put EMGs in, or sacrifice the neck pup, and get the RR24.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Right, thanks a lot for this info guys.

That ESP SV that "metallicafan" posted looks pretty much exactly what i want (minus the more killer-looking Jackson headstock). Just need to see all other options and i may end up getting that one...

EDIT;
To Colgate-Total;
$1500 is around £800.

One pound = approx. 2 dollars

Thanks for the pics! Thats the ESP SV right? Looks ****ing killer.
For 1000 quid, this is what you should do:
Browse ebay and other second hand sites, and look out for an RR1. Later swap out the pickups if you still want to.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Colgate Total

What are you smoking man? $1500 is about £700. Remember, the pound is amazing compared to your dollars.
Quote by Colgate Total

$1500 = £750-ish

You're doing it wrong
Quote by Les Paul Ell
What are you smoking man? $1500 is about £700. Remember, the pound is amazing compared to your dollars.

One pound = $1.9

Yeah you're right, I got them mixed up. My bad.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

you lucky bastard, haha.
You live outside North America and can get your hands on those ESPs.
And from all that I've heard/read, I'd say the ESP is the way to go.
Quote by RSpahr16
Whats the second guitar here? I know the top one is the ESP SV standard, but who makes the bottom one? I can't quite make out the name on the headstock.

Agile
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
One pound = $1.9

Yeah you're right, I got them mixed up. My bad.

hehe, it's cool man.
Hey guys, the jackson RR5FR looks quite good to me, but it doesnt say "original" floyd rose, it says floyd rose and then a product number. Are they the same thing? I only want the best tbh.
Quote by iRockMetal
Hey guys, the jackson RR5FR looks quite good to me, but it doesnt say "original" floyd rose, it says floyd rose and then a product number. Are they the same thing? I only want the best tbh.

I own one and yes it is an OFR, the only difference with it being made in Korea instead of Germany to keep production costs down. The same Floyds are used on Schecter's too if I may add. All in all, its the exact same tremolo as the Schaller made one without "Made in Germany" stamped on the bottom of it.
Now that we're talking about RR v's does anyone actually own a replica of his polka dot v? Everyone talks about owning jacksons but i dont think ive ever seen/heard of anyone that doesnt have a ****load of cash that owns one of these polka dot ones, because that guitar is very badass looking.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
Now that we're talking about RR v's does anyone actually own a replica of his polka dot v? Everyone talks about owning jacksons but i dont think ive ever seen/heard of anyone that doesnt have a ****load of cash that owns one of these polka dot ones, because that guitar is very badass looking.

You know what? Now that you mention it I did see a polka dot finished RX10D or RR3 a while back, I don't remember where though.
Quote by iRockMetal
Cost is no issue, but i dont wanna pay more than a grand.

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by this&that

I think Perry Ormsby over in GB&C made like 15 of them and sold them, so at least 15 people own a replica.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I wish the ESP made an LTD version of the SV-NT / SV-FR

It looks so badass, but its waaaaaay over my budget.