I play an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and recently have been mowing through ernie ball hybrid slinky's, usually the A and Ds, occasionally the low E's. I heard my friend say that his buddy had this problem a few years ago and took it to a place and got it fixed, what could be causing it and do I need to take it to someone or what could I do at home? It usually always breaks down real low on the body below the pickups. Thanks a lot!
Mowing?

I'm sure you mean you're breaking them a lot, down by the bridge? It's probably a sharp saddle, so file it down.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yeah the saddle is probably sharp
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I get this problem when i plam mute alot. dosent even break just the string stretches and uncoils at the bridge
Judging by the description, you probably have a sharp saddle (like others have said). You need to file it down. What's happening is that the sharp saddle is acting like a knife, and it just cuts your strings, eventually causing a break. I'm pretty sure that's what it is since your breaks are on specific strings (and not the usual high E), and they're happening below the pickups. Just grab a little file and give it a good rubbin'.
Quote by String-Dancer
I get this problem when i plam mute alot. dosent even break just the string stretches and uncoils at the bridge

Damn dude, how hard are you muting? I palm mute ALOT and I have never had that happen. I just have them rust where my palm touches and it eventually breaks there.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
So all I need is a nail file and to rub it in there? Is there any more to it?
I use the same strings and never had a problem.

but I play a strat and replaced the saddle with graph tech ferra-glides.

if filing doesn't work, you can look into those - I'm pretty sure they make them for tune-o-matic bridges for like $25.00.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by guhtar
Nice try, but there are six saddles on that type of bridge.

You dont have to be an asshole about it you know. And I was thinking Stopbar so never mind.