Hey guys, so what is the difference between the wine red and vintage mahogany tops on the gibson les paul studio? does the vintage mahogany have no top??? i have seen pictures and it just seems like the wood is exposed

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Last edited by tamargoguitar at Aug 6, 2008,
The VM has a......lower quality? Finish. It's not a gloss finish. I'm pretty sure they both have maple tops.

I'm not really sure... Best guess. Two of my friends have the two, and they not VM is prettier. But the VM looks kinda cool.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
well i think both are pretty awesome im not too much about the finish anyways, im just afraid the wood will be "exposed" in the vintage mahogany, i dont really know how to put it...

TG

The wine red is more expensive but is really one of the best looking colors for a Les Paul, and VM is exposed and will scratch alot easier.
that sucks

TG

What does?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
what you said earlier...that the vintage mahogany scratches easier, its the only top i can find on ebay

TG

If you're talking about the Faded Studio, the Mahogany top gives it a different sound than the Wine Red Studio, which is a Maple top I believe.

Unless I completely misunderstood your question.
The VM is not glossy. I would say get the wine red. Thats what I have and its a beaut.
Sig What?
Ya go with the wine red, and what I meant by scratches easier when I was looking through LP's I noticed that all the fadeds had alot more scraches.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.