so, im wanting a good overdrive pedal. i play a marshall jtm-30 (which ive heard is ike a jcm900 combo) and an epiphone les paul, but im hoping to get a strat and maybe upgrade my paul pretty soon. on my amp, due to it being 2 channel, i cant really have a clean tone, slightly broken up tone and lead tone at foot, so im wanting something that will be a good boost/pverdrive, but still sound great on the clean channel too. im also wanting maybe some like texas blues type tone when i get a strat, and i know stevie ray vaughan used a tubescreamer, so im leaning towards that maybe (i know im not gonna get stevie rays exact tone, but i want that kind of blistering, thick tube tone he had. like im wanting that snap of the single coil pickups, but without the superthin tone. im wondering though, should i just get a used tubescreamer or something, or should i spend a little more and get maybe a used fulltone fulldrive or something?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I have a stock TS9 and it sounds killer.

Period.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I just went and played a bunch of overdrives and tube screamers to compare...

Tubescreamer= "chunky" way more bass way more full blues kind of tone.

Overdrive= "crunchy" much more high end, much more gain, a little less full
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I just got a Ibanez TS808, I highly suggest it, its really warm, and really tightens up a valve amp. It has hardly any gain mind, its mainly used either as a boost or to tighten up an already overdriving tube amp.